Where To Buy A Suit In The Capital?

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Would anyone have a suggestion as to a good place to buy a suit in the capital?
I have a formal affair to attend and could transport one from the USA or buy one in Santo Domingo if the quality and price were reasonable.
Any suggestions?

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
The cheapest would be los muchachos , plaza central....if it still exists. Not exactly Savile Row, Mayfair, but gets you dressed.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Degree of function?
Time of day or evening for said function?
Indoor or outdoor venue hosting?
Budget?
All factors to be considered regarding the fabric choice, in addition to whether you want to go ready-to-wear or made-to-measure.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I haven't been there in ages but what about Anthony's? There's one on Luperon and another in Agora Mall.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I've got a fancy-pants consultant longtime friend who does a lot of expert witness work who now swears by these online guys: Black Lapel

Whole process takes less than a month.

I've not worn a suit for years, but may have to for an upcoming project, and am strongly thinking about giving these guys a kick at the cat for a couple of custom suits and shirts. Khakis with a Guayabera or Aloha shirt have some social limitations.

What is the price range for a custom summer weight light wool suit in the DR? I have seen some really bad suits and jackets here.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Would anyone have a suggestion as to a good place to buy a suit in the capital?
I have a formal affair to attend and could transport one from the USA or buy one in Santo Domingo if the quality and price were reasonable.
Any suggestions?

If money is no object-Hackett London in Blue Mall-Churchill-Santo Domingo.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I'm pretty sure that you can buy nice formal jackets and trousers in Zara (Agora Mall) and they will be reasonably priced and on-trend.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Thank you for all the replies. I am going to be in the capital in a few weeks and I will explore some of the suggestions. Anthony's sounds like it may be just what I am looking for. My function is not until April so I have a little time to consider my options. Thanks again.