william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Mine wasn't a ghost/... I remember getting it
and being frivolous enough to ignore... cavalier you might say

It certainly reappeared.....almost 10 yrs later

Yes, I credit the new system for that

Ghosts might be another problem

An aside... my wife got one recently in Canada.... illegal parking between 3-5am
Police error.... wrong license plate.... go figure
One call had it removed from her file

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Mine wasn't a ghost/... I remember getting it
and being frivolous enough to ignore... cavalier you might say

It certainly reappeared.....almost 10 yrs later

Yes, I credit the new system for that

Ghosts might be another problem

An aside... my wife got one recently in Canada.... illegal parking between 3-5am
Police error.... wrong license plate.... go figure
One call had it removed from her file

Well I suspect that many of these “ghost” tickets are very valid, you’re just an honest gringo who admits the ticket was his.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Is there any penalty now for paying late - approx. 3 months?

I been busy.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I have a three year old ticket, but it doesn't show up in BanReservas so I can't pay. I'm not handing over cash to any AMET officer. Will I get prosecuted, executed or handed over to street justice. I guess I will find our when I go and renew my license.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
I was stopped in Puerto Plata at the intersection with Freddy Ferraterria. The traffic backs up turning toward the Malecon and I started through the light when it was green but due to the delay, it was red by the time I was completely turned. Two other cars came through after me. All three of us were pulled over by AMET waiting next to the tour bus area. I talked to the AMET officer a long time and eventually, he suggested that if I were to hand him a folded piece of paper, the ticket would not be issued. So I scrounged around for a piece of paper and passed it along with 500 pesos inside. He returned my cedula, license and insurance card and sent me on my way. When my attorney went to be my good conduct paper for my residency renewal, the ticket (which was obviously issued anyway) turned up and I had to pay it. I didn't mind paying it but it was not right that i was not told that it had been issued and I was not given a copy. I don't drive anymore but if i did, I would go ahead and let eh offer write a ticket, rather than paying twice! Be forewarned!

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
I was "............but it was not right .........!

Lol. Not right?
Was it “right” when the officer asked you for a bribe?
Was it “right” when you paid the officer a bribe?
Why would you expect an officer with such personal ethics to do the “right” (illegal) thing?
Lol.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The very nature of corrupt systems is that they don't work logically or with any sort of effective regulation. Statements made by those operating within such a system cannot be taken at face value and those who play these systems should have no expectation of any sort of consideration beyond the immediate moment they offer a folded piece of paper and even then no guarantees.

Lesson learned I hope. Take the ticket next time.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
The very nature of corrupt systems is that they don't work logically or with any sort of effective regulation. Statements made by those operating within such a system cannot be taken at face value and those who play these systems should have no expectation of any sort of consideration beyond the immediate moment they offer a folded piece of paper and even then no guarantees.

Lesson learned I hope. Take the ticket next time.

I would have taken the ticket...even if I also gave him the money he asked for. I just didn't like finding out afterwards!

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I was stopped in Puerto Plata at the intersection with Freddy Ferraterria. The traffic backs up turning toward the Malecon and I started through the light when it was green but due to the delay, it was red by the time I was completely turned. Two other cars came through after me. All three of us were pulled over by AMET waiting next to the tour bus area. I talked to the AMET officer a long time and eventually, he suggested that if I were to hand him a folded piece of paper, the ticket would not be issued. So I scrounged around for a piece of paper and passed it along with 500 pesos inside. He returned my cedula, license and insurance card and sent me on my way. When my attorney went to be my good conduct paper for my residency renewal, the ticket (which was obviously issued anyway) turned up and I had to pay it. I didn't mind paying it but it was not right that i was not told that it had been issued and I was not given a copy. I don't drive anymore but if i did, I would go ahead and let eh offer write a ticket, rather than paying twice! Be forewarned!

that's what i call a Dirt bag