Robert Trent Jones Golf Courses

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
My husband and I recently purchased a house in Cabarete. We have friends coming down throughout the summer who all play golf. We are aware of the Costa Azul 9 hold golf course near Cabarete but we also know of 2 Robert Trent Jones 18 hole courses. Can anyone tell me the closest one to Cabarete and if they are accessible by the public? Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dolores is a bit generous on time,

There are two courses: Playa Dorada, his first one. Open to the public. Very freindly but long.
The greatest one is Playa Grande: His Masterpeice. This course will eventually rate up there with thefive best in the world. it is magnificent in every sense of the word.

From Cabarete the Playa Dorada is about 1/2 hour away to the west.
From Cabarete, Playa Grande is about an hour to the east.

You also have available the course in Santiago, a Pete Dye design, that is short and difficult. elevated Tees and greens and just a little water( 2 par 3s and in front of the tee box on a par four.) Also open to the public.

The wisest thing for you to do, if you are avid golfers, is to become members of Puerto Plata Golf Club. You will save thousands of pesos if you play a lot, and I'm not kidding.

And, if you need a forth for bridge of golf,send me an email

HB
bandit.gif