Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Google help

  1. #1
    Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Google help

    I have several email addresses/ google accounts, some are mine and some for clients. All of my documents are stored on Google Drive but I am unable to access them from any other computer as Google just defaults to one of the addresses which is not the one which stores the documents. I need to get Google to make my main email the default one so that I can access my docs and although i follow supposed instructions I cannot get it to work. Any ideas? And please keep instructions simple as I am a tad technically challenged. Thanks.

    Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums


  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,389
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    I have several email addresses/ google accounts, some are mine and some for clients. All of my documents are stored on Google Drive but I am unable to access them from any other computer as Google just defaults to one of the addresses which is not the one which stores the documents. I need to get Google to make my main email the default one so that I can access my docs and although i follow supposed instructions I cannot get it to work. Any ideas? And please keep instructions simple as I am a tad technically challenged. Thanks.

    Matilda
    Would help if you can tell exact what is the message that you get from google.

  3. #3
    Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There is no message. You go to Google drive and it defaults to the account with no docs. You exit and it asks do you want to use another account. You put in the account you want to use with password and it defaults back to the same account you don't want. It is impossible to access the account I want.
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums


  4. #4
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have multiple accounts and manage various for some clients too.

    I use lastpass and more and more Firefox because of there "Multi-Account-Containers" add on to avoid such issues.

    https://www.techrepublic.com/article...ers-extension/

    https://lifehacker.com/here-s-why-yo...sin-1816209401

    Profiles allow you to have different overall settings, extension, etc for the same browser. Cookies are open and visible to all tabs. For example, if you want to log into you business gmail account & your personal gmail account: 1) you will have to log out of one account to log into the other 2) open a new incognito/private window 3) Open a different web browser.

    Containers deals with cookies. Only tabs created in the same container will share/see each-others cookies. This mean that under the same session, you can have your regular session, & multiple containers (work, research, banking, you name it) keeping each separate. For example, you can log into 2 different twitter accounts (one under each container) keep each & their opened links etc too their respective container.

    *Perhaps A better explanation is found at the extension's page.

  5. Likes Africaida liked this post
  6. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,916
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    I have multiple accounts and manage various for some clients too.

    I use lastpass and more and more Firefox because of there "Multi-Account-Containers" add on to avoid such issues.

    https://www.techrepublic.com/article...ers-extension/

    https://lifehacker.com/here-s-why-yo...sin-1816209401

    Profiles allow you to have different overall settings, extension, etc for the same browser. Cookies are open and visible to all tabs. For example, if you want to log into you business gmail account & your personal gmail account: 1) you will have to log out of one account to log into the other 2) open a new incognito/private window 3) Open a different web browser.

    Containers deals with cookies. Only tabs created in the same container will share/see each-others cookies. This mean that under the same session, you can have your regular session, & multiple containers (work, research, banking, you name it) keeping each separate. For example, you can log into 2 different twitter accounts (one under each container) keep each & their opened links etc too their respective container.

    *Perhaps A better explanation is found at the extension's page.
    +1 for Lastpass can t leave without it

  7. Likes bienamor liked this post
  8. #6
    Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lost me totally! What is Lastpass? I have one business gmail and one business hotmail and a personal hotmail and all my docs are in my personal hotmail - well I think they are. They are saved in google drive but on my computer. I also have other clients gmail accounts. Maybe easier to move all my docs to google drive on my business gmail but no idea how to do that!
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums


  9. #7
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    https://www.lastpass.com/


    Password / Login manager. Available as Chrome and Firefox extension, I have pro plan, so it works on my phone too i. E..

  10. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,745
    Post Thanks / Like

  11. #9
    Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Google help didn't help. Have been trying for a year to sort this but thanks to Bienamor who messaged me - he sorted it in 5 minutes. Sometimes DR1 is a lifesaver!! Mods you can close this now.

    Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums


  12. Likes KateP, IslandDreaming liked this post
  13. #10
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,528
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Google help didn't help. Have been trying for a year to sort this but thanks to Bienamor who messaged me - he sorted it in 5 minutes. Sometimes DR1 is a lifesaver!! Mods you can close this now.

    Matilda
    Closed

    Admin
    DR1.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •