Anyone Here Use Altice Prepago Paqueticos?

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Would you know how on the app or phone menu how to block the use of credit in your account once your paquetico terminates?

What happens is it consumes the credit right away at any time you are outside using an active illimitado paquetico.

I know there is someway to block that, but can't find it anywhere. Thanks.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Would you know how on the app or phone menu how to block the use of credit in your account once your paquetico terminates?

What happens is it consumes the credit right away at any time you are outside using an active illimitado paquetico.

Must be a problem with your line, I sugest you to contact customer service, only Claro was doing that, VIVA and Altice do not use your credit if you do not have paquetico, but meanwhile go to setting and in turn off Celular Data when your paquetico finish, that way wont use your credit.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Must be a problem with your line, I sugest you to contact customer service, only Claro was doing that, VIVA and Altice do not use your credit if you do not have paquetico, but meanwhile go to setting and in turn off Celular Data when your paquetico finish, that way wont use your credit.

Well what happens is once the paquetico finishes, any credit remaining in the account is drained off as data usage continues unless your turn the SIM card off prior. A rep at Claro with a pre-paid SIM there changed a setting there for me so that when the paquetico runs out, the credit remaining in the account will not be automatically used. I imagine this is possible with Altice as well, so when your paquetico terminates the remaining pesos don't just disappear. Another annoying thing is that if you do a recharge and have your cell antenna on, it will immediately start draining your credit to the point that you can't buy the paquetico you want right away.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Well what happens is once the paquetico finishes, any credit remaining in the account is drained off as data usage continues unless your turn the SIM card off prior. A rep at Claro with a pre-paid SIM there changed a setting there for me so that when the paquetico runs out, the credit remaining in the account will not be automatically used. I imagine this is possible with Altice as well, so when your paquetico terminates the remaining pesos don't just disappear. Another annoying thing is that if you do a recharge and have your cell antenna on, it will immediately start draining your credit to the point that you can't buy the paquetico you want right away.

I have friend with Altice and that do not happend to him, turn off the Celular Data and tell Altice Customer Service at is happening, Im sure they can fix the problem.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

What do you mean ?
You bought, say a 3 day internet paquet, right ?
And once that is finished, and you are using internet, it consumes your credit, is that what you mean ?
I get a text message saying the paquet has finished ( sorry, no idea how ).

But it has happened to me at times. My way around it is to set an alarm when i buy the paquete, for the duration of said paquete.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

When you say sim-card, do you mean "data usage " ?
If so, it is on your phone that the problem is. You need to apply the settings " only on wifi" for all your apps, Otherwise the apps, and the smartphone itself, will always be communicating on the internet with all diffrent kinds of stuff ( gps position, updates, server checks, etc......).
Then your phone will do these micro-adjustments ( that add up very quickly) only when wifi is available, and not constantly even if your data usage is active.

Data usage = 4g.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
I have friend with Altice and that do not happend to him, turn off the Celular Data and tell Altice Customer Service at is happening, Im sure they can fix the problem.

Well I guess I am searching for the configuration on the menu that you can program your SIM card to not take from your credit available once outside the use of the paqueticos. In other words, it will block the connection automatically to data usage.