Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Parque de Las Luces - Navidad

  1. #1
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Parque de Las Luces - Navidad

    It is a little less than a month away but if someone knows the opening date please post.





    I haven't been in a couple of years but my understanding parque de las luces in now in Santo Domingo este at parque del este.

    A great place to visit especially if you take a couple of little ones. You walk around a bit, enjoy the light show, the entertainment, take a pizza pie break, walk around a bit more and it makes for a low cost nice night out.

    Anyone with more info please post and if you go post a few pics.

    feliz navidad............

  2. Likes Africaida, Wishing you well liked this post
  3. #2
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Opening Night December 7, 2018

    It is official ...............

    My understanding now that parque de las luces is in Santo Domingo este there is plenty of parking available plus you should not have to deal with the SD centro traffic.

    If you have never been it is well worth it and free entrance. Just bring some cash-o-la to purchase food, drinks, and maybe some trinkets for the little ones.

    Shout out to RG84 who first posted about parque de las luces 6 or 7 years ago. So glad he did..........



    http://ayuntamientosde.gob.do/alcald...ve-la-navidad/

    SANTO DOMINGO ESTE. The Mayor of Santo Domingo Este, announced the installation for the third consecutive year of the light show "Live Christmas", which will be developed from December 7 this year to January 5, 2019, in the Parque del Este.

    The information was provided by the mayor of that demarcation, Alfredo Martínez, who will be open to the public from six in the afternoon to 12 at night.

    Martinez said that the Parque del Este will be illuminated with 2 million 400 thousand little bulbs, entrance and exit doors simulating the access to a magical park, tunnels of lights decorated with a dazzling entrance, trees, flowers, children's village and decorative elements illuminated with the bright colors of the most anticipated time of the year............
    Last edited by bigbird; 12-05-2018 at 11:28 PM.

  4. Likes AlterEgo, Africaida liked this post
  5. #3
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8,564
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Instead of creating a thread for each holiday display, maybe this thread can serve that purpose regarding holiday displays in the Santo Domingo area.

    With that in mind, Ágora Mall has their holiday decorations for this Christmas season. In the video is the La Salle private school chorus singing from the Christmas tree.

    Moderator Polls Forum

  6. Likes jenmar237 liked this post
  7. #4
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    Instead of creating a thread for each holiday display, maybe this thread can serve that purpose regarding holiday displays in the Santo Domingo area.
    Sounds good to me. Maybe change thread title to Parque de las luces - Navidad and more. (or something like that :-) )


    Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    ...With that in mind, Ágora Mall has their holiday decorations for this Christmas season. In the video is the La Salle private school chorus singing from the Christmas tree...
    I stopped in Agora this past Sunday after doing the aquarium at Sambil. It was not the same chorus as in your post but another chorus singing. The absolute best time for Agora and probably any of the SD malls for the holiday fun will be weekends first and foremost followed by evenings. But the weekends is when there is a pack house, well I should say mall.





    Albeit the aquarium at Sambil is not just for the holidays but it should be something to do with the little ones during the holiday season.

    Happy Holidays to all ………..

  8. Likes jenmar237 liked this post
  9. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default ain't what it used to be...........

    With much sadness my review of parque de las luces now relocated to Santo Domingo este s a 2 star. One star for effort and one star just because I want to be nice.

    How can they relocate an event and in my opinion ruin it. When parque de las luces was in centro I felt I could go back every year. Now that it is in este I am not sure if i will ever return.

    In centro the iberoamerica park had nice paved paths to walk and see the lights, two different places to either get slices or a second sit down spot to get a pie. Now since moved to este it is hot dogs on a stick from some shoe shine vendor.

    I waited to post my review until i got feedback from those who went with me and they are in agreement.

    The only plus I can see is being in este it is much easier for the masses to attend. That's it folks.............

  10. Likes jenmar237 liked this post
  11. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    With much sadness my review of parque de las luces now relocated to Santo Domingo este s a 2 star. One star for effort and one star just because I want to be nice.

    How can they relocate an event and in my opinion ruin it. When parque de las luces was in centro I felt I could go back every year. Now that it is in este I am not sure if i will ever return.

    In centro the iberoamerica park had nice paved paths to walk and see the lights, two different places to either get slices or a second sit down spot to get a pie. Now since moved to este it is hot dogs on a stick from some shoe shine vendor.

    I waited to post my review until i got feedback from those who went with me and they are in agreement.

    The only plus I can see is being in este it is much easier for the masses to attend. That's it folks.............
    I have to unfortunately agree with this. I was in DR for two weeks and went during the opening weekend (went last Sunday) of this Parque de las Luces. Some of the installations are definitely very nice and I got to take some nice pictures, but the cleanliness of the park and the crowd of 'barriales' that goes there leaves much to be desired. I wouldn't go back nor would I recommend anyone take their kids there. I lament I wasn't able to go to the one in the centro in prior years, I heard it was much nicer and I'm sure it attracted a better crowd.
    Last edited by jenmar237; Yesterday at 03:34 PM.

  12. Likes bigbird liked this post
  13. #7
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenmar237 View Post
    I have to unfortunately agree with this. I was in DR for two weeks and went during the opening weekend (went last Sunday) of this Parque de las Luces............
    We were there the same night. Did you happen to watch the entertainment show? What a put together piece of crap. A sixth grader could have put together a better show. The people I was with looked at me after about an half hour of the show and said "vamos" and vamos we did, out the show and out the park.

    When parque de las luces was at Iberoamerica park in SD centro it was like taking a nice evening leisurely stroll through the park. The comparison between the two is night and day.................. so sad......

  14. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    We were there the same night. Did you happen to watch the entertainment show? What a put together piece of crap. A sixth grader could have put together a better show. The people I was with looked at me after about an half hour of the show and said "vamos" and vamos we did, out the show and out the park.

    When parque de las luces was at Iberoamerica park in SD centro it was like taking a nice evening leisurely stroll through the park. The comparison between the two is night and day.................. so sad......
    I watched parts of it and what I saw did not look good. I guess one just has to see who's behind it this year (El Cañero); I heard a lot of negative opinions about him while I was there and his performance as mayor and certainly this park is a testament to that.

    I lament I wasn't able to go to the one at Iberoamerica Park in prior years

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •