Canadian Visa Application Experiences & Timelines

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
Hi, my spouse and I are waiting for a TRP application response. Our case is irregular and we have been told there is no timeline for processing. The IRCC has not provided us with any confirmation of receipt of documents sent (initially or afterwards), the VAC did not either, the processing Center in Mexico City does not take phone calls, the main call center says they have no access to files in Mexico City. It has been like pulling teeth to get any information (we finally have reference numbers) but that's it.

I remember years back there was a thread on this Forum for all visa & family sponsorship applications. Members shared their timelines and stories and we kind of followed & supported each other through the process. If anyone is interested in this and it is still permitted... here goes:

Application received in Mexico City: June 5, 2018
Application submitted via: VAC
Type: TRP
Destination: Quebec

Anyone else waiting?

Beachboy

Apr 29, 2018
Hi tiguerita, I have no idea what a TRP application is, however, I am a Canadian citizen, retired and living full time in Bavaro with my Dominican girlfriend (common law for 2 yrs). We wanted to visit Toronto for a two week vacation in July 2018. We started the process of applying for a visitor’s visa in early April 2018.

As we were short of time and expected the process to be convoluted dealing with VAC in Santo Domingo, the Mexico central processing centre we elected to hire a lawyer here (will I ever learn) whom has experience dealing with “the” process. We delivered to him all requested forms, certs etc. that he required also extras after reading the online requirements to avoid any issues. According to him, it was a slam dunk.

During May 2108 we received a rejection letter from VAC that we had failed to prove to their satisfaction that Marie would actually leave Canada following our visit. Apparently, the lawyer did not submit all documents we supplied during our application. After severely questioning his birthright, I rolled up my sleeves, re-examined the required documents, rechecked the system process and went into overkill on documentation that showed Marie has a full enriched committed lifestyle in DR and neither of us has any desire to stay in Canada, after all, we are in Paradise right! We took the package assembled to VAC in Santo Domingo in June 2018, received a receipt with an application number.

In July we received notification to go to the VAC in Santo Domingo, we did call and asked how we were doing. We were told they had received a package from Mexico and that they were not allowed to open it, so we went, signed for the package. It had Marie’s passport enclosed, the visitor’s visa was stamped inside, however it was only for 3 months, we took our trip in August – trouble free, we are required to re-apply for a longer visa to revisit, unsure what that process is, however we will do it lawyer free…

It seems the Canadian system wants concrete proof that the visitor will leave Canada, this is actually impossible to prove, however, massive documentation showing a positive, enriched lifestyle equal or above that of the average Canadian citizen greatly helps satisfy their doubts, stats they have makes them believe visitors from this part of the world will not leave once entered. We all know this to be true. If you have no answer by now looking at your timeframes stated, something is wrong.
Hope this helps tiguerita.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
We did do this earlier on. Two tries. The first time, no response. The second time after copying the embassy we received an obvious copy/paste answer with no personalized or helpful information. Have you had a better experience?
Not me but a friend did.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Just check today, USCIS Vermont office processing time I -130 US citizen petition for single son or daughter over 21.

Working on the case received July 2011.

JJ

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
My Canadian visa expire on first week of April 2019, first one visa was for 6 months, reapplyed for a new one and got 6 years visa, now I got a 10 years passport and planning to do application online. I think will be faster the process than using the VAC.