Money from DR bankaccount to EU IBAN account

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Goodmorning.
Has anyone ever sent money from the DR to a IBAN account? Someone ows me and is saying his bank makes it impossible to send to Iban.
So how please and is there a limit?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
You can send money from Banco Popular to a UK or European account with an IBAN number if that is what you mean. It can be done online and the limit is US$10,000.

Matilda

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Goodmorning.
Has anyone ever sent money from the DR to a IBAN account? Someone ows me and is saying his bank makes it impossible to send to Iban.
So how please and is there a limit?

Not sure about the limit (please refer to Matilda above), but have done this without any issues via Banreservas. It was fast too, the funds arrived within 1-2 business days. At that time, had to do it at the branch and fill out a form with an employee, who then sent it to Santo Domingo, but everything worked out perfectly, from service to the speed an accuracy of the transfer, and it was indeed with IBAN, with which they had no issues.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
You can send money from Banco Popular to a UK or European account with an IBAN number if that is what you mean. It can be done online and the limit is US$10,000.

Matilda

Do you have a link to the online page where you can do that?

I did it once and had to go to the branch where my account is. If I could do it online I would.

Thanks

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Not sure about the limit (please refer to Matilda above), but have done this without any issues via Banreservas. It was fast too, the funds arrived within 1-2 business days. At that time, had to do it at the branch and fill out a form with an employee, who then sent it to Santo Domingo, but everything worked out perfectly, from service to the speed an accuracy of the transfer, and it was indeed with IBAN, with which they had no issues.
Was that to your own IBAN account, if I may ask? I mean could there be a difference between sending funds to your own IBAN or somebody else's?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Was that to your own IBAN account, if I may ask? I mean could there be a difference between sending funds to your own IBAN or somebody else's?

Nope, never mine. I was paying for something, and each a different recipient.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Do you have a link to the online page where you can do that?

I did it once and had to go to the branch where my account is. If I could do it online I would.

Thanks

bpd.com.do; accesso personal; sign in and password; beneficiarios; internacionales; adicionar beneficiario

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Fulano2 please note, it took me a few goes to get it right. There are lots of help screens which pop up to enable you to get the right IBAN number and some other number so keep at it!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I do transfers myself with my foreign bank
US and Canada call for you to go into the branch

Not hard once you have the IBAN and SWIFT...they may be the same things

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Fulano2 please note, it took me a few goes to get it right. There are lots of help screens which pop up to enable you to get the right IBAN number and some other number so keep at it!
Thanks Matilda but it is someone else who has to pass through this proces. I explained him.

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
I do transfers myself with my foreign bank
US and Canada call for you to go into the branch

Not hard once you have the IBAN and SWIFT...they may be the same things

No, the IBAN (international account number) and SWIFT are two distinct numbers, although some U.S. financial institutions only require the SWIFT and standard account number. The receiving bank can convert your account number into the IBAN (international account number) format. It is very easy, and makes sense.