Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Duty Free

  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Duty Free

    Hi again,

    Is there a duty free where one can buy cigarettes when exiting the airport in Puerto Plata?

    Thanks again!

  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They sell cigars and I'm pretty sure cigarettes, too, but you'll get them cheaper in town than you will at duty free.

  3. Likes drstock, Fulano2 liked this post
  4. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But there's no access to DUFRY when you are arriving. Only departing.

  5. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,028
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patti Shabaga View Post
    Hi again,

    Is there a duty free where one can buy cigarettes when exiting the airport in Puerto Plata?

    Thanks again!
    You can buy smokes at the colmado that sells Near Beer!

  6. #5
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Great, thank you

  7. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    19,896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    But there's no access to DUFRY when you are arriving. Only departing.
    POP has a duty free at the luggage area... on the way in

  8. #7
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    POP has a duty free at the luggage area... on the way in
    Ahhh, you are right. My mistake.

  9. #8
    Moderator parum momenti
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I do believe that any "duty free" savings are negated by a base price increase. Resort tourists who do not get to local shops are being gouged on prices by assuming that the duty free stores "must" by definition be cheaper...

  10. Likes irishpaddy, bigbird liked this post
  11. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    I do believe that any "duty free" savings are negated by a base price increase. Resort tourists who do not get to local shops are being gouged on prices by assuming that the duty free stores "must" by definition be cheaper...
    Not sure that is true. Friends inbound @ POP bought 2 LITERS of Drambuie there for $55 USD.

  12. #10
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DUTY FREE is a rip off ...a lot of the liquor especially high end brands you can buy cheaper in the U.S. ...I FOUND IT OUT THE HARD WAY

  13. Likes bigbird, Fulano2 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •