Duty on Mobility Assistance Dog Harness - Medically Necessary

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Hello Everyone,

I want to order a special harness for my mobility service dog but it it nearly US$600. The company said that sometimes customs will waive duty fees on medically necessary devices. Before I order it, I wonder if anyone has had experience with such a waiver.... I'll eventually order anyway but wonder if I can submit any sort of paperwork in advance to avoid customs fees... Thanks!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Knowing how Aduanas works here, I think you'd have more luck finding someone who could bring it down for you on a flight. All Aduanas cares about is getting their $$.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
As long as you have an invoice showing it only cost $190 then you can ship it without taxes.
You can work Adobe pdf and word and back to pdf?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Judy,
Could you get me a make and model so I can see the specs and measurements?

I don't think I'm checking luggage next trip. But if I can get this in my carry on bag I'd be happy to help.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
This is the harness I need... I could go into detail about why it is the best but it has to do with cushioning, fitting, the foldable metal handle and the quick release clips. All the others are less rigid and don't fit as well and slip so that when I need my Dane to brace so that I don't fall, it needs to work! Thanks for the offers to carry it in a suitcase! I've got that covered if it is necessary. https://boldleaddesigns.com/shop/mo...s-for-brace-and-balance-stability-assistance/

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Judy
Many of us ship regularly..mine just arrived...
But you’ll find an easy way to get this here quickly
By a traveler or a mudanza

Good luck