Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 110

Thread: Regularization plan ????

  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,515
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Regularization plan ????

    Quite a few people on this bord got a residency and ciguler card from this plan. My frinds in Santiago did when i went in i did not i got a 2 year work card. I turned in all the nessary dickuments and paperwork in 3 fold. I have been to the office in santo Domingo and Santiago with no explanation at all.

  2. #2
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,515
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This has me bummed out and mad a very bad week even worse.

  3. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,512
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So what did you get ?

  4. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It sounds to me like something got screwed up during your application and you got a work card instead of a cedula and now you are stuck with it. I think your only option now might be to renew your work card(?).

    From what I recall, many Haitians did receive a work card through the plan.

  5. #5
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,515
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    It sounds to me like something got screwed up during your application and you got a work card instead of a cedula and now you are stuck with it. I think your only option now might be to renew your work card(?).

    From what I recall, many Haitians did receive a work card through the plan.
    Yes i got this gray two year work permit. And not the residence i have no intention of working i want to live here when i am not on a yacht. And when i get old. I agree that something got scrued up. Could a lawyer help me fix this??

  6. #6
    Moderator parum momenti
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I didn't pay a lot of attention and certainly not enough to have stored much in my limited long term memory. Wasn't there something about people showing that they have lived in the DR prior to 2011 getting residency and others getting something else?

  7. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,515
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    I didn't pay a lot of attention and certainly not enough to have stored much in my limited long term memory. Wasn't there something about people showing that they have lived in the DR prior to 2011 getting residency and others getting something else?
    No it was an all or nothing on the date part as far as i remembered but it was about getting all the other parts that were required. It never said anything about a work permit but i do remember people bringing in there imployes to this program so that is where the work permit could come into play. Anyway i did prove i was living her befor that date with power bills and appartment contract ect.

  8. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,512
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yacht chef View Post
    Yes i got this gray two year work permit. And not the residence i have no intention of working i want to live here when i am not on a yacht. And when i get old. I agree that something got scrued up. Could a lawyer help me fix this??
    I vote no on a lawyer..... but thats just me....
    Why not go to DGM in SD and explain what you need ?

  9. #9
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    I didn't pay a lot of attention and certainly not enough to have stored much in my limited long term memory. Wasn't there something about people showing that they have lived in the DR prior to 2011 getting residency and others getting something else?
    That's basically what I remember, too.

  10. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yacht chef View Post
    Yes i got this gray two year work permit. And not the residence i have no intention of working i want to live here when i am not on a yacht. And when i get old. I agree that something got scrued up. Could a lawyer help me fix this??
    Sounds like it could be a big problem, yc. I think your only options right now are to renew your work permit or try to qualify for residency. At least for now you have a legal status here.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •