Regularization plan ????

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Quite a few people on this bord got a residency and ciguler card from this plan. My frinds in Santiago did when i went in i did not i got a 2 year work card. I turned in all the nessary dickuments and paperwork in 3 fold. I have been to the office in santo Domingo and Santiago with no explanation at all.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It sounds to me like something got screwed up during your application and you got a work card instead of a cedula and now you are stuck with it. I think your only option now might be to renew your work card(?).

From what I recall, many Haitians did receive a work card through the plan.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
It sounds to me like something got screwed up during your application and you got a work card instead of a cedula and now you are stuck with it. I think your only option now might be to renew your work card(?).

From what I recall, many Haitians did receive a work card through the plan.

Yes i got this gray two year work permit. And not the residence i have no intention of working i want to live here when i am not on a yacht. And when i get old. I agree that something got scrued up. Could a lawyer help me fix this??

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I didn't pay a lot of attention and certainly not enough to have stored much in my limited long term memory. Wasn't there something about people showing that they have lived in the DR prior to 2011 getting residency and others getting something else?

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I didn't pay a lot of attention and certainly not enough to have stored much in my limited long term memory. Wasn't there something about people showing that they have lived in the DR prior to 2011 getting residency and others getting something else?
No it was an all or nothing on the date part as far as i remembered but it was about getting all the other parts that were required. It never said anything about a work permit but i do remember people bringing in there imployes to this program so that is where the work permit could come into play. Anyway i did prove i was living her befor that date with power bills and appartment contract ect.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Yes i got this gray two year work permit. And not the residence i have no intention of working i want to live here when i am not on a yacht. And when i get old. I agree that something got scrued up. Could a lawyer help me fix this??

I vote no on a lawyer..... but thats just me....
Why not go to DGM in SD and explain what you need ?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

That's basically what I remember, too.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

Sounds like it could be a big problem, yc. I think your only options right now are to renew your work permit or try to qualify for residency. At least for now you have a legal status here.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
No it was an all or nothing on the date part as far as i remembered but it was about getting all the other parts that were required. It never said anything about a work permit but i do remember people bringing in there imployes to this program so that is where the work permit could come into play. Anyway i did prove i was living her befor that date with power bills and appartment contract ect.

Other people in your situation got a two year visa in their passports and were subsequently issued cedulas.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
My Haitian gardener also got just a two year work permit, despite having lived here for many years. There has been no word of any cedula being issued and he is assuming he will have to go back to the previous situation of getting renewed annual visas after the current one expires, which is getting increasingly expensive and complicated. He considers the regularization process to have been a costly and very time consuming lottery, which he didn't win.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Other people in your situation got a two year visa in their passports and were subsequently issued cedulas.

Yes 100% true and i had the 2 year visa in my passport. Why i ended up with this card and not what everyone els got i don't now and no one at any of the offenses in SD can tell me anything thy sent me to get the papers to start the residency process all over. This i will not qualify for and i am at whits end after two days in SD. Let alone a very difficult situation with my girlfriend and the child.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
My Haitian gardener also got just a two year work permit, despite having lived here for many years. There has been no word of any cedula being issued and he is assuming he will have to go back to the previous situation of getting renewed annual visas after the current one expires, which is getting increasingly expensive and complicated. He considers the regularization process to have been a costly and very time consuming lottery, which he didn't win.

So i guess a lawyer is a wast of time and i am a louser at this. I well just give my car a d things to a good charity and call it a day. The DR just didn't work out for me. Unfortunately i have nothing in the usa no family no house no nothing. Homeless for real. I only had one besket to put my eggs and it is gone now. Thanks for the years of post DR1 and hope others have more luck here then me.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Yes 100% true and i had the 2 year visa in my passport. Why i ended up with this card and not what everyone els got i don't now and no one at any of the offenses in SD can tell me anything thy sent me to get the papers to start the residency process all over. This i will not qualify for and i am at whits end after two days in SD. Let alone a very difficult situation with my girlfriend and the child.

You have to remember that the purpose of the PNRE was to give legal status and a path to residency. You may have been issued the work permit in error, or they might have determined you don't qualify for residency.

I would recommend you talk to Guzman Ariza. They have an office in SD and they offer a free consultation - no obligation. It won't cost you anything but your time to get some good legal advice.

The fact that you have a girlfriend with a child could work to your advantage. The DR has way too many single mothers with kids whose dead dads dumped them and are not paying for the childs support. There's a possiblilty DGM would take that into consideration and they just might find a way to give you residency. You might have to marry your girlfriend.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
So i guess a lawyer is a wast of time and i am a louser at this. I well just give my car a d things to a good charity and call it a day. The DR just didn't work out for me. Unfortunately i have nothing in the usa no family no house no nothing. Homeless for real. I only had one besket to put my eggs and it is gone now. Thanks for the years of post DR1 and hope others have more luck here then me.

You have a dominican girlfriend and child ?....... well if you really want to stay, just get married ( or prove you have been togother for 2+ years ).
You dont need anything to qualify....well apart from a passport, and no legal problems.
You dont need any proof of economical solvency, no dominican garantees, no job, no income, no titles or deeds, ........ nothing at all really.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
This may not be the most current information. It is my understanding that currently, anyone wishing to become a Dominican National even if currently married to a Dominican Citizen, needs to apply for and receive residency first and then may proceed to apply for citizenship themselves on an expedited time line based on that marriage.

In the past I do believe one could have skipped the residency first requirement, but no longer.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Oooo man i am in such a bad place. i don't no what to do i have no hope and don't now where to turn i am so ****ed.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I agree that a lawyer probably cannot help. Migracion in Santo Domingo already told you what you have to do, and you cannot do that. Lawyers are no longer supposed to be able to "work the Migracion Mafia" as they did before.

And it sounds like you don't qualify for legal residency in any way, shape or form here because of your financial situation.

From what I can see you will have no options other than to try and renew the work visa or just live here illegally as long as they have the exit fine situation which you would have to pay any time you leave the DR.

Another example of incompetence at Migracion.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
You have a dominican girlfriend and child ?....... well if you really want to stay, just get married ( or prove you have been togother for 2+ years ).
You dont need anything to qualify....well apart from a passport, and no legal problems.
You dont need any proof of economical solvency, no dominican garantees, no job, no income, no titles or deeds, ........ nothing at all really.

So are you tell me this is not correct information? I am not locking for chitizenship at this point. Just residency i did not understand all of what CDN gringo said.