Sending Post to Santo Domingo

Narinka

Oct 14, 2018
You guys have probably been asked before: How good (or, how bad) is the postal system in The DR; Namely, getting letters/packages sent intact to residential addresses in Santo Domingo?

I sent an un-tracked postcard to a good friend in early October from the UK. It never reached them, and I'm not surprised.

Has anyone had any experience/luck with sending letters/parcels without them getting lost, from overseas to Santo Domingo? Any recommendations on couriers?

Should I just not bother sending anything in-case it gets lost?

Thanks! :classic::classic:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Let the ivorys roll. SS administration sends stuff like the annual earning stuff and the payee form through the USA-DR mail. I Have sent stuff to the US but always used tracking. Never sent anything domestic.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
I used to send photos of his grandkids to my dad from California to SD and they'd arrive in a month or so using USPS. Recently, a friend sent me an item using the USPS from NYC, against my recommendations, and the package never got here; that was six months ago. My sister sends me a package monthly from California using FEDEX and except for some minor theft at aduanas upon opening the package for "inspection", they get here in two to three days.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Incoming mail

All my mail from the Cdn government got here ...to my surprise
Of course, they didn’t know where to find me...
it sat at the post office until I asked if I had mail.

I have since changed the mailing instructions.

They told me at the time when I asked if this was all my mail ...
No, there’s one in Nagua that will come tomorrow

So, it’s not hopeless...just different

Oh, that mail....?
It was about $12,000 ... my pension starting

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...Social Security department of the American Embassy in Santo Domingo sent me a replacement medicare card months ago.....and told me the card would arrive via Dominican post office, I then said whats a Dominican Post office??...I have never seen a mail box on a house or someone delivering mail....never....I am wating and waiting...and more waiting....I am sure IF it every arrives I will be well past needing it, unless they deliver under ground........Doc..........

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
You guys have probably been asked before: How good (or, how bad) is the postal system in The DR; Namely, getting letters/packages sent intact to residential addresses in Santo Domingo?

I sent an un-tracked postcard to a good friend in early October from the UK. It never reached them, and I'm not surprised.

Has anyone had any experience/luck with sending letters/parcels without them getting lost, from overseas to Santo Domingo? Any recommendations on couriers?

Should I just not bother sending anything in-case it gets lost?

Thanks! :classic::classic:

Previously, I sent first-class mail from the U.S., and it generally arrived within two weeks. Now, I used the complete address, with alley, building, floor, sector, and city. Some addresses only require U.S. style addresses, but I always add the sector.