AA adding 2nd MIA/POP and POP/Mia flights

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Don't know when it starts but found in Jan. Don't know if only for the tourist season. (Called AA and they didn't know?)

American Airlines has added 7:57 AM POP/Mia and a 8:11 PM Mia/POP flights.

These two added flights will be great for us, despite the hour, so we can catch connecting flights without having to overnight so often in Miami.

Arrived yesterday (11/27) on AA on an older 737 instead of the New (not liked) Max 8. The crew was much more happy as well as the passengers. Crew didn't know if this was a fill-in temp. while they work out training or may have been due to all the Cxled flights from snow up north the day before.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Yup, Flt 268, 8:11 PM. Jan and Feb, I didn't look any further out then that. Nice.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Any more flights north from Miami to DC? The old flight doesn't exist anymore which wasn't good to begin with, had a long layover in Miami, not they're all (to IAD) overnights. Even Jet Blue has dropped their great 4:30 arrival to catch a 6 pm to DC
Very frustrating

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
AA is terrible. Dirty planes, high prices and limited flights. The newer planes are a bit cleaner if you get one.
I am tempted to try the Miami flights into Santiago and spend the time getting to PP via bus or taxi. So far the wife has nixed the idea as she likes the PP arrival.

Jan 17, 2009
Um, I have not had a long layover in Miami on recent flight to DC. I'm booked now for a January flight on AA leaving at 8am and arriving in DCA at 2:30pm, taking the 3:30pm return flight out of DCA. IAD is always painful to book.

What I've noticed is that if you book on AA, you need to filter by Trip Duration. Otherwise you get flights with stop overs in Miami and CLT, or other airports.

Any more flights north from Miami to DC? The old flight doesn't exist anymore which wasn't good to begin with, had a long layover in Miami, not they're all (to IAD) overnights. Even Jet Blue has dropped their great 4:30 arrival to catch a 6 pm to DC
Very frustrating

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks Expat. DCA is far from me but worth it timewise. However, I return in May and there are no morning flights out of POP to DCA, only the 3:15 getting in at 11 pm and then finding my way home from there isn't easy. Hopefully something will either open up or come back on either AA or Jetblue.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Just because some have had no problems getting a connection without an overnight layover in Miami, does not mean that everyone else can/could. LOL. The AM flight changes that for some/most of us.

You could also look at Ft. Lauderdale airport flights? Easy to get to the Tri-Rail at Mia and about 1/2 hour train ride. Don't know if they have direct rail to Ft. L. airport, might need an Uber.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2009
Oh I see. For me, it's pretty much the same (I go to Vienna, VA). JetBlue hasn't worked well for me to either airport because of connection times (too tight or overnight in NYC).

Take a look at United. They do flight to EWR and from there to IAD arriving much earlier (around 7pm or so). The only thing is you need to adjust your travel dates to their schedule (they don't fly to/from POP every day in low season).

Thanks Expat. DCA is far from me but worth it timewise. However, I return in May and there are no morning flights out of POP to DCA, only the 3:15 getting in at 11 pm and then finding my way home from there isn't easy. Hopefully something will either open up or come back on either AA or Jetblue.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Take a look at United. They do flight to EWR and from there to IAD arriving much earlier (around 7pm or so). The only thing is you need to adjust your travel dates to their schedule (they don't fly to/from POP every day in low season).

Only on Saturdays. Arriving IAD 8-21 p.m.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Don't know when it starts but found in Jan. Don't know if only for the tourist season. (Called AA and they didn't know?)

American Airlines has added 7:57 AM POP/Mia and a 8:11 PM Mia/POP flights.

These two added flights will be great for us, despite the hour, so we can catch connecting flights without having to overnight so often in Miami.

Arrived yesterday (11/27) on AA on an older 737 instead of the New (not liked) Max 8. The crew was much more happy as well as the passengers. Crew didn't know if this was a fill-in temp. while they work out training or may have been due to all the Cxled flights from snow up north the day before.

What was the topic?