Fricolandia

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
Has anyone been to Fricolandia. Is the swimming safe and is the food good?
Thanks

cruzan1

Sep 12, 2016
We went last year and it is INCREDIBLE. Make a reservation before you go otherwise they might not have staff or food available. It's way out in the middle of no-where. Water is beautiful, safe to swim and the food was very good.

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
We live "around the bend" from Fricolandia. It's beautiful and their events are fun! As far as safety goes.....no problem. This is one of the safest communities around. 10 years here and no problems. Great community!!! Go and have a blast!! IF you are coming by your own car and need directions.....lemme know!! I cannot speak of their food. Never had it!!

Went there last week during a weekday, Not to many people 2 or 3 groups of people and a few couples. The staff was very friendly and the beers were nice and cold. I would reccomend this place if your going to be out in that area of the Country, in Luperon or Isabella, but it is a ways off from the main hwy at imbert. I definately will be going back, I like the vibe out in that part of the country

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Please give directions to this place I have never heard of!!

Not that I have a lot of time, but it sounds interesting.

HB

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002

HB

I visited there whilst looking for somewhere to eat after visiting the Isabela Columbas first New World settlement. Its located about 2-3 km to the east of the town of Isabella. When we asked about food they said that they only serve food to clients that have paid for the day pass. Looks nice but you would need to probably book in advance. The Isabela Archeological site was very interesting. The columbus house has a great view.

HB

As you are coming into Castillo you will pass the old church on the left and the nice new Cabana las Americas on the right. At the bottom of the hill instead of going left into Castillo, turn right and it is straight down that road about a 1/2 mile to a mile maybe, on the left side

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I go down to the beach at el castillo from time to time ( as we have given up on la ensenada since its been " modernised " ).
What are the prices of admission to this place ?
I have some people from europe coming to visit and it seems a nice place to dump them....errr take them ;) ( just kidding ).

I go down to the beach at el castillo from time to time ( as we have given up on la ensenada since its been " modernised " ).
What are the prices of admission to this place ?
I have some people from europe coming to visit and it seems a nice place to dump them....errr take them ;) ( just kidding ).

Was free the day I stopped in, Maybe they charge on the weekends, im not sure