Jetsking

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Hi
Where is the best place to legally jet ski on the north coast?
preferably near POP, Cabarete or within 40-60 minutes from these places

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
The preference will probably for to rent the jet ski and continue due north until you run our of fuel some where in the Atlantic.

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
The preference will probably for to rent the jet ski and continue due north until you run our of fuel some where in the Atlantic.

hahahahahahahaha best laugh ive had for some time. quite a good idea. did you find success after strapping your wife to a jetski before? thanks for the recommendation

habi

Oct 17, 2015
There are people with jet skis on the river in Cangrejo and also by La Boca, Cabarete. If legally I do not know.... ;)

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Its more than an hour, but we launce Jet Skiis every weekend at Haltillo resovoir near Maimon Bonao. Largest man made lake in Caribbean.

We've taken them to Punta Rucia, Las Terrenas, and Samana. Only place the police cam was Las Terrenas and they asked us to move the trailer. We than took them to Coson

To be honest, never seen them for rent. Boca Chica best bet.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Hi
Where is the best place to legally jet ski on the north coast?
preferably near POP, Cabarete or within 40-60 minutes from these places

Jetski renting is not allowed in the DR, too many (deadly) accidents.
However if you own your own jetski, you are allowed to use it but not close to public beaches.

Of course you can "rent" a jetski from somebody that owns one....this is of course the DR. :)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Its more than an hour, but we launce Jet Skiis every weekend at Haltillo resovoir near Maimon Bonao. Largest man made lake in Caribbean.

We've taken them to Punta Rucia, Las Terrenas, and Samana. Only place the police cam was Las Terrenas and they asked us to move the trailer. We than took them to Coson

To be honest, never seen them for rent. Boca Chica best bet.
I have heard the Hatillo was stocked with largemouth bass. Have you ever heard that? Ever see any bass fishermen there?

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I don't like Jetskis, so let's start with that, they are dangerous, noisy and polluting the water and air.... (nough said).

So please don't Jetski near public beaches, however, and to my annoyance, they were doing a lot of that in Punta Rucia when I was there last year (bringing their own, no renting as far I could tell). I guess the beach there is not much of a beach for swimming, but still, very unwelcome...

dom

Jun 1, 2011
how do they pollute, they are 4 stroke in these days now and they also make no noise and since they are jets do cero damage to corals, marine life etc, not like the thousands of diesel and 2 stroke engines all around the dr, lol get your facts right first.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
You are correct sir. You can buy them from the fisherman. There was a bass tournament 3 weeks ago. There is a fishing club in Bonao. They had about 20 bass boats, live music, food and a camp out at Parque Ana Vargas.

habi

Oct 17, 2015
how do they pollute, they are 4 stroke in these days now and they also make no noise and since they are jets do cero damage to corals, marine life etc, not like the thousands of diesel and 2 stroke engines all around the dr, lol get your facts right first.

No noise? Hmmm maybe then the Dominican Jet Skis are 2 stroke also... :classic::cool::classic:

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005

I am afraid the 4 stroke and no pollution is a pie in the sky, you tell me all the cars (4 stroke even with catalytic converters) on the road are not polluting the air ... !?

Unfortunately the places in Asia where I swim and there are hundreds of these Jetskis rented, are a terrible problem, the noise and the fume in the air, plus I regularly see the oil floating in the sea because of them is an absolute disaster for the environment and swimmers alike - the ones being rented are not maintained properly and probably used with minimum cheap service. I just hope we never have this in DR, fingers crossed - the Jetski mafia once get the foothold and see the money are very hard to get rid of.... (read all about it on Asian forums).

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
I am ok with you not liking jetskis
The way I ride doesn't cause annoyance i'm super good at what I do and people always comment on my skills. I can do tons of tricks. send me your email and ill let you know what beach ill be at

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
A friend and I used to put our jet-skis in on the "Camausa" (that's spelled incorrectly) a river east of SanPedro, quite a distance from Santo Domingo but the gestopo ran us off Boca Chica even though we were usually outside the reef. It's been some time ago and quite possible it's a no-no there now. There was a road just before crossing the bridge, south several K's, used to be a black magic Haitian Doctor in a hut and a small colmado there...no real dock, kids around helped us launch and watch our stuff? We always went to the breakwater vice cruising the river as several high-dollar boats were usually anchored up river.
Also been to Maimon, nice when the water was high, could go in and out the different caves...neat!! Caught a few small bass and perch, nothing to write home about. Some say the mercury levels in the water were very high?
Have fun and be safe...