Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Health Insurance

I am looking for a Health Insurance plan. I am 80 years old and in good health. Can anyone give me requirements and cost of a plan. Any and all replies would be appreciated. Thanks, Luperon Gringo

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully you will get some better responses than this-------you cannot get health insurance if you are over 70. That is my experience and I will be watching this thread to see if things have changed.

On a brighter note,- the cost of health services is extremely reasonable.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luperongringo View Post
    I am looking for a Health Insurance plan. I am 80 years old and in good health. Can anyone give me requirements and cost of a plan. Any and all replies would be appreciated. Thanks, Luperon Gringo
    I suggest that you find reputable people that deal with this and can answer your questions.

Angie at EPS in Sosua has insurance plans. Pedro Clisante Street # 13 809-571-3451. Angie knows her products and I feel can best to advise you. She speaks English.

We still use/changed our U.S. insurance provider at a rather large discount being that live in the D.R., but covers us world wide.

Good luck.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pularvik View Post
    Hopefully you will get some better responses than this-------you cannot get health insurance if you are over 70. That is my experience and I will be watching this thread to see if things have changed.

On a brighter note,- the cost of health services is extremely reasonable.
    You can get it in some circumstances of you had insurance at an earlier age, or work for a company with a group plan.

But 80 is going to be a tough find.

Our group has a member who turned 70 and his rates went up significantly. But he has insurance.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I was refused at 70... my group changed from ARS Palic to Humano...
    I was left behind..

I buy International coverage from IMGlobal....covers me everywhere

Google them....but 80 might be a push

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know of any major health insurer here that insures people over 70. I have Universal and they won't even allow anyone over 65 to even upgrade or change their policy.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR Solar View Post
    I suggest that you find reputable people that deal with this and can answer your questions.

Angie at EPS in Sosua has insurance plans. Pedro Clisante Street # 13 809-571-3451. Angie knows her products and I feel can best to advise you. She speaks English.

We still use/changed our U.S. insurance provider at a rather large discount being that live in the D.R., but covers us world wide.

Good luck.
    Get the facts.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    I don't know of any major health insurer here that insures people over 70. I have Universal and they won't even allow anyone over 65 to even upgrade or change their policy.
    Palic does our group, but you have to join before you are 70. And policies arew underwritten with pre-existing conditions excluded.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Health Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Palic does our group, but you have to join before you are 70. And policies arew underwritten with pre-existing conditions excluded.
    Thanks to all for the info. I feel really good, wake up every morning pain free, here's hoping I won't need it.

10. Likes cobraboy liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    I was refused at 70... my group changed from ARS Palic to Humano...
    I was left behind..

I buy International coverage from IMGlobal....covers me everywhere

Google them....but 80 might be a push
    I have IMGLobal and cheap. You can use most big hospitals in USA.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast