Health Insurance

luperongringo

Jun 16, 2016
I am looking for a Health Insurance plan. I am 80 years old and in good health. Can anyone give me requirements and cost of a plan. Any and all replies would be appreciated. Thanks, Luperon Gringo

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Hopefully you will get some better responses than this-------you cannot get health insurance if you are over 70. That is my experience and I will be watching this thread to see if things have changed.

On a brighter note,- the cost of health services is extremely reasonable.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I am looking for a Health Insurance plan. I am 80 years old and in good health. Can anyone give me requirements and cost of a plan. Any and all replies would be appreciated. Thanks, Luperon Gringo

I suggest that you find reputable people that deal with this and can answer your questions.

Angie at EPS in Sosua has insurance plans. Pedro Clisante Street # 13 809-571-3451. Angie knows her products and I feel can best to advise you. She speaks English.

We still use/changed our U.S. insurance provider at a rather large discount being that live in the D.R., but covers us world wide.

Good luck.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hopefully you will get some better responses than this-------you cannot get health insurance if you are over 70. That is my experience and I will be watching this thread to see if things have changed.

On a brighter note,- the cost of health services is extremely reasonable.
You can get it in some circumstances of you had insurance at an earlier age, or work for a company with a group plan.

But 80 is going to be a tough find.

Our group has a member who turned 70 and his rates went up significantly. But he has insurance.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I was refused at 70... my group changed from ARS Palic to Humano...
I was left behind..

I buy International coverage from IMGlobal....covers me everywhere

Google them....but 80 might be a push

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I don't know of any major health insurer here that insures people over 70. I have Universal and they won't even allow anyone over 65 to even upgrade or change their policy.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I suggest that you find reputable people that deal with this and can answer your questions.

Angie at EPS in Sosua has insurance plans. Pedro Clisante Street # 13 809-571-3451. Angie knows her products and I feel can best to advise you. She speaks English.

We still use/changed our U.S. insurance provider at a rather large discount being that live in the D.R., but covers us world wide.

Good luck.

Get the facts.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I don't know of any major health insurer here that insures people over 70. I have Universal and they won't even allow anyone over 65 to even upgrade or change their policy.
Palic does our group, but you have to join before you are 70. And policies arew underwritten with pre-existing conditions excluded.

luperongringo

Jun 16, 2016
Palic does our group, but you have to join before you are 70. And policies arew underwritten with pre-existing conditions excluded.

Thanks to all for the info. I feel really good, wake up every morning pain free, here's hoping I won't need it.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I was refused at 70... my group changed from ARS Palic to Humano...
I was left behind..

I buy International coverage from IMGlobal....covers me everywhere

Google them....but 80 might be a push

I have IMGLobal and cheap. You can use most big hospitals in USA.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My policy allows US hospitals....
but I cannot be in the US more than 6 months/year

Which is fine for me - having no US visa

I use it all the time at CMC in Sosua

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Will contact them. Do you use an agent or just online?
Wanted a ballpark price and to see if you can get a plan with no deductible at least for first year.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
As for deductible... the larger it is , the less the premium

There is a phone number too... from the website

Take your pick

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
around how much $ a month for an 'average' (not upgraded) medical/dental plan for retired 62 year old american male in xlnt condition, non-smoker, no pre-exisinting conditions, but w/no cedula/resicencia?

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
around how much $ a month for an 'average' (not upgraded) medical/dental plan for retired 62 year old american male in xlnt condition, non-smoker, no pre-exisinting conditions, but w/no cedula/resicencia?

I just got started with palic. same age as you and with 7 year old daughter. 1650 pesos per month for us both

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008

We sell health Insurance for Palic and Humano . My wife is a sales manager at Humano. Up to 68 years you can get Health Insurance . After that you have to pay extra. It is better you get a plan before that so you always have coverage.We will find out tomorrow the case of an 80 year old. segurosnavas.com