Roku TV

bellakins

May 31, 2008
My friend in Cabarete wants a TV that will function with the Internet. Is Roku Tv operational in the DR?

I am not really familiar with all the technology. Will any new Smart Tv be compatible with Internet?

Want to access You Tube, music videos, movies, etc.

I have a new TCL Roku tv and a new Insignia Tv. Which one is best for the DR?

tripp789

May 4, 2018
I can’t answer about the Roku, but I was able to connect a smart TV to Netflix in July while in Sosua.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
----in the USA the tv was not a smart one ....but my dvd player was and I got Netflix, and the rest.................Doc.......

Jan 9, 2004
My friend in Cabarete wants a TV that will function with the Internet. Is Roku Tv operational in the DR?

I am not really familiar with all the technology. Will any new Smart Tv be compatible with Internet?

Yes. And you do not even need a Smart TV to use a Roku box.........you only need internet and an HDMI connection on the TV.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

May 5, 2007

Not sure "which Roku" the TV has, but if buying a stand alone Roku go with the full feature cube Roku light is slow and buggy

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
I use an android box and i pay for an iptv called gearstv. Basically its a pirated cable that is much cheaper than cable. All you need is wifi and an android box. The only thing i miss from home is cable and with this i get it at a much cheaper cost plus all the ppvs, nfl package, etc are included. I pay $15 a month for it.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
You will need a VPN using a U.S. IP for it to work fully.

I just got a Roku Ultra for $50 in Black Friday sale.

I LOVE IT.....

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
I use an android box and i pay for an iptv called gearstv. Basically its a pirated cable that is much cheaper than cable. All you need is wifi and an android box. The only thing i miss from home is cable and with this i get it at a much cheaper cost plus all the ppvs, nfl package, etc are included. I pay $15 a month for it.

I endorse this message. Android Box + gears is all you need. Get a few other apps like Morpheous and Kodi on it and you are all set for all the content you could possibly watch.

May 5, 2007
no, ours is old. the only voice activated device we have is google home and it only works with some aspects of roku.

Thanks I have an older Roku "lite" in living room but TV I bought for Den has a more modern Roku built in It claims to be "voice actuated" but dammed if I can figure it out

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
For those that have an IP address in the U.S., you can watch free movies, etc with TheRokuChannel on your smartphone and/or computer.

It´s not support by all browsers (Firefox works), see the following link.

LINK: TheRokuChannel on your computer

2nkjpjs.jpg

PS: I have an HDMI switch so I can switch my computer output to my TV.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
no, ours is old. the only voice activated device we have is google home and it only works with some aspects of roku.

I am the only 'voice activated device' in our house......
and all aspects function... muy bien

hahaha

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Thanks didn't help with remote issues but was able to load a Chicago Bears channel

Post a picture of the remote, I'm guessing their is a button that has an icon of a microphone.
If so, press and hold, while you speak, such as the name of a movie, etc.