Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sanky??

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Fallow up with Hillbilly rules posted on DR1.com/forums years ago, use the search button.

JJ

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You are Cuban ??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarYArena_88 View Post
    Of course there are jineteros (sankies but Cuban) trying to get money or a visa from you, there are many men in the street throwing you compliments.. but it's all in how you react. Ignore it and they usually don't bother you more than a few words. But all in all, I love Cuba.
    If you are familiar with Jineteros and the like, I just don't see how you would not "catch" his game, if there is. It is the same exact thing. Frankly, I am even surprised you started this thread, no offense.

It is the exact same sh*t, whether you visit Cuba, Morocco, Senegal or DR. A man selling excursions doesn't have the means to wine and dine a foreigner-unless he owns the boat taking you there-

In any case, I hope the d*ck was good cause that is all there is to it.
    Last edited by Africaida; 12-05-2018 at 11:36 AM.

3. Likes Auryn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    If you are familiar with Jineteros and the like, I just don't see how you would not "catch" his game, if there is. It is the same exact thing. Frankly, I am even surprised you started this thread, no offense.

It is the exact same sh*t, whether you visit Cuba, Morocco, Senegal or DR. A man selling excursions doesn't have the means to wine and dine a foreigner-unless he owns the boat taking you there-

In any case, I hope the d*ck was good cause that is all there is to it.
    mmm... don't assume. I have given very little details, so many are just assuming what he's telling me and doing. Never said I didn't "catch" his game. Which he really hasn't come at me with in all honesty. I just met dude, had a nice time. I don't know him all that well and am not in love. I'm definitely not sending out K1 paperwork tomorrow... Dude seems nice, hasn't asked me for anything yet, hasn't said the te quiero's or no puedo vivir sin ti as usual and everything he's told me to date has been backed up with evidence.

I'm doing my due diligence in sleuthing around to find information and just thought I'd post here to see if anyone knows him before continuing to speak to him.

5. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude seems nice, hasn't asked me for anything yet, hasn't said the te quiero's or no puedo vivir sin ti as usual and everything he's told me to date has been backed up with evidence.

I'm doing my due diligence in sleuthing around to find information and just thought I'd post here to see if anyone knows him before continuing to speak to him.
    I don't assume anything. You are Cuban, seem to have a good head on your shoulder, familiar with the culture, no strangers on the internet is going to give you anymore info about this dude based on the little info you are providing or can attest 1000% whether he is or he isn't a sanky.

The usual red flags and that it is in contact with many tourists selling excursions and I believe many work on commissions so his income can't really be that great. Even that, they are just that, flags, not a Sanky stamp

Only you know, time will tell.

Have fun !

7. Likes MarYArena_88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    I don't assume anything. You are Cuban, seem to have a good head on your shoulder, familiar with the culture, no strangers on the internet is going to give you anymore info about this dude based on the little info you are providing or can attest 1000% whether he is or he isn't a sanky.

The usual red flags and that it is in contact with many tourists selling excursions and I believe many work on commissions so his income can't really be that great. Even that, they are just that, flags, not a Sanky stamp

Only you know, time will tell.

Have fun !
    I really do appreciate your advice and everyone else's.

That's the one thing I'm really uneasy about; him having so much contact with different tourists and him being attractive. Those things go hand in hand with a big red flag. But, taking my time with it is what I plan on doing.

I plan on going again in the next few months for my birthday and if it doesn't amount to anything else, I can at least say we'll have a really good time.

9. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I plan on going again in the next few months for my birthday and if it doesn't amount to anything else, I can at least say we'll have a really good time.
    Great.

Come back and give us an update.

It is what it is. DR1 is here to give advice and the sort.

Not here to give up any names just in case someone here knows him which I surely doubt.

This one is done.

Moderator DR1.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123