Sanky??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarYArena_88

Dec 3, 2018
So typical story.. Went on vacay to the DR, Santo Domingo. Met a guy selling excursions on the beach. He took us out that night to dinner and a club. He paid for everything. Come to the end of the night he paid for a hotel room.. and yea..

When we talked he asked how long it had been and I told him a month, he then asked is that because I have a boyfriend back home which I responded no, it was just FWB type of thing. He then asked would this just be a for the moment type of thing and I said I don't know, what would you like? He said he wanted more than a just in the moment thing, he feels good when he's around me etc.

I saw him for the next couple of days while he was working and I was relaxing on the beach. Came back home and now I'm wondering.... Is he a sanky?

He said he had an "ex" and blah blah blah (don't know if I believe the whole story)... He's never asked for money, and the only money given us for gas for taking us out..

Am I allowed to post a picture to see if anyone recognizes him? or is there somewhere where I can see if anyone recognizes him?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Probably means Boca Chica ..its an honest beginners mistake .

Would love to hear more about this Love story ...
Although I have my doubts about them most times , I really enjoy reading them.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Very, very few of these stories end well. I have yet to one posted here that did. Every gal thinks there's always a first time, and they're right - there always will.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In your home country did you ever go out with a guy that asked for gas money? I am sure he gave you Whatsapp to reach him.
Use the SST to find out what you want to know. Sky's Sankie Test. Simple, from another number on Whatsapp that he does not have send him a message. Say you are a girl that met him on the beach some time ago and want very much to come back and see him. You will get the answer to your question in short order. Don't be too optimistic..............

In the many years of the SST only two results have happened.

1 He is in fact a Sankie

2 The girl does not do the test at all because she already knows he is in fact a Sankie.

Last edited:

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Check the Sankies Facebook page that Matilda posted. BUT- if no one replies and says "oh my God- he IS a sanky and I know him, and he's dating my sister at this very moment", don't think you're out of the woods and he's a safe bet. Nor is the fact that he didn't ask for money. The novelty and naivete that are always present in these situations nearly always spell disaster.

Selling excursions on the beach? If he took you out and paid for it all, chances are that he has another foreigner (or several) financing his endeavors.

MarYArena_88

Dec 3, 2018
In your home country did you ever go out with a guy that asked for gas money? I am sure he gave you Whatsapp to reach him.
Use the SST to find out what you want to know. Sky's Sankie Test. Simple, from another number on Whatsapp that he does not have send him a message. Say you are a girl that met him on the beach some time ago and want very much to come back and see him. You will get the answer to your question in short order. Don't be too optimistic..............

1 He is in fact a Sankie

2 The girl does not do the test at all because she already knows he is in fact a Sankie.

He never asked for gas money.
He offered to take a group of us to dinner and drinks/ the club since we were asking where we can go paty and we offered the gas money. & yes I would offer gas money back here in the states if in the same situation.

Thanks for your reply. I'll definitely consider doing the whatsapp thing.

MarYArena_88

Dec 3, 2018
Check the Sankies Facebook page that Matilda posted. BUT- if no one replies and says "oh my God- he IS a sanky and I know him, and he's dating my sister at this very moment", don't think you're out of the woods and he's a safe bet. Nor is the fact that he didn't ask for money. The novelty and naivete that are always present in these situations nearly always spell disaster.

Selling excursions on the beach? If he took you out and paid for it all, chances are that he has another foreigner (or several) financing his endeavors.

I appreciate your insight. I'm definitely not naive about the situation as I've had experience with this type of thing when I went to Cuba and have read many many posts not only about DR but about Cuba as well.

I say he paid for it all, but in reality him and his friends went in on our dinner and bottle at the club. My group & I didn't have to pay anything.

I have my guard up and I'm not sending him money for anything. One can never be sure what another's true intentions are, even in your home country. He seemed sincere.... but I look at that with a side-eye. I guess only time will tell.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Bottom line if he hustled you in the first few days - he's a Sankie, if he speaks mostly Spanish but learned a 'leettle' English and works in tourism he's a Sankie, if he's Dominican then 96% chance he's a Sankie.
If he doesn't need money that means he already has sugar mommas propping him up until he sets you on the hook, and he will certainly get around to asking - but only to help with a medical bill or 'some food'.

And if he's not an ogre and semi-charismatic there are plenty of beautiful women here - he wouldn't need someone 4-8 hours away unless he needs her purse to open and to send money while he gets to play while she's gone.

If you schedule a time to see him and he's with his other forlorn ladies he will have a sick momma or need to go to the capital to straighten out something - usually the title on his mom's property or to help a dying uncle.

Last edited:

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...Mary would like to get your impression of cuba, I was there about 2 years ago....and my thoughts are very negative....but I was in Havana............

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I appreciate your insight. I'm definitely not naive about the situation as I've had experience with this type of thing when I went to Cuba and have read many many posts not only about DR but about Cuba as well.

I say he paid for it all, but in reality him and his friends went in on our dinner and bottle at the club. My group & I didn't have to pay anything.

I have my guard up and I'm not sending him money for anything. One can never be sure what another's true intentions are, even in your home country. He seemed sincere.... but I look at that with a side-eye. I guess only time will tell.

Come back in January and update us. You sound like you know the possibilities. That being said, many people who post here are very happily married to Dominicans.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
ISky's Sankie Test. Simple, from another number on Whatsapp that he does not have send him a message. Say you are a girl that met him on the beach some time ago and want very much to come back and see him. You will get the answer to your question in short order. Don't be too optimistic..............

1 He is in fact a Sankie

SST ? uhmm

95% of dominicanos under 40 would be like Hola Mami whether he is a true sankie or not.

True story: a Dominican in NYC wrongly dial my number, when I replied in Spanish he had the wrong number, he was like me gusta tu voz y tu accento mi amol, como te llamas, de donde tu eres ?

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Sankies speak fluent English.
Sankies have so many gringas on the line that they never even have to ask them all for money.
Sankies perfect their craft over time until they convince the right gringa they aren't even a sankie.
And sankies are culturally accepted in many circles within the DR, so their families and novias cover for them in order to get a piece of gringa pie for themselves.

I don't have much personal sankie experience, but I see it whenever I go there. Makes my blood boil because they get a free ride when lots of honest, hard working Dominicans with actual integrity can't even get a Visitor Visa.

MarYArena_88

Dec 3, 2018
...Mary would like to get your impression of cuba, I was there about 2 years ago....and my thoughts are very negative....but I was in Havana............

Well I'm Cuban and have family in Cuba. I only stayed one night in Havana and visited other cities in the country so I may not be the best one to ask of my impression as it's home for me and I loved it.

I visited Pinar Del Rio where my dad was born, went to a little barrio in Havana to see my great aunt, went to Camaguey and then we stayed at Cayo Santa Maria in one of the resorts. The food was horrible and gave me food poisoning but everything else was amazing. I always say it's best to get out of Havana.. there are better barrios to visit than the most touristy spot there.

Of course there are jineteros (sankies but Cuban) trying to get money or a visa from you, there are many men in the street throwing you compliments.. but it's all in how you react. Ignore it and they usually don't bother you more than a few words. But all in all, I love Cuba.

Status
Not open for further replies.