Newer building at Playa Alicia

danely18

Feb 22, 2018
Hey all....I saw a drone video of Playa Alicia and there is now a building where the Waterfront restaurant and bungalows were.....I didn't notice if the German built large house next to it was still there or not....was from about 1970's I think.

Anyway, whats the new building, condos?...hotel ?? Anybody know?

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
Hey all....I saw a drone video of Playa Alicia and there is now a building where the Waterfront restaurant and bungalows were.....I didn't notice if the German built large house next to it was still there or not....was from about 1970's I think.

Anyway, whats the new building, condos?...hotel ?? Anybody know?

The Waterfront Resturant is still there. Maybe your talking about the newer building just behind them? I believe their called “Hilltop Comdos” (Or something like that?)

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Correct, Hilltop Condos. I would not buy there for the view though. It's a nice view now, but Waterfront owns in front of them. That nice view could change drastically.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
Correct, Hilltop Condos. I would not buy there for the view though. It's a nice view now, but Waterfront owns in front of them. That nice view could change drastically.

And it’s not on a “hilltop” either. Rather at the bottom of the slight incline at the end of Dr. Rosen Street.

Tricky

May 29, 2012
And it’s not on a “hilltop” either. Rather at the bottom of the slight incline at the end of Dr. Rosen Street.

I'm pretty sure that they originally called it Hilltop View (the mountain in Puerto Plata I assume) but for some reason dropped the "View".

danely18

Feb 22, 2018
thanks for the info....I wonder in the big German vill is still there....probably I think, it would have been a project to remove it.

danely18

Feb 22, 2018

When I looked at the property it was offered at a contigous parcel...waterfront resuarant, the pool next to it (which the new owner filled with rock) and the individual little bungalow style rooms that went way in from the frontage to the back property line. I was told that it was a Spanish buyer. After the sale, the new owner's son was renting them out for cheap as hotel rooms. After that I lost track and they did whatever you see there. Bob White was the GM of the property/hotel and Waterfront Resaurant....don't think he is in town anymore.

habi

Oct 17, 2015
The "new" building is where the German villa/guest house was (i don't remember the name...).