Sending personal and race car parts to US - Moving out

LopinRD

Dec 5, 2018
Hi, didnt find where to post this so ill try here....

Im thinking about moving to US, but i have a lot of stuff i wish to send to US, specifically a race engine that i built for my car, custom suspension parts and other special things i use in my local race car that would be hard to sell and expensive to buy and remake.

Im a Dominican, my gf is a US citizen, we plan to move out of DR to US next year hopefully, what are my options to send this to the US and what about customs clearing those things. They are extremely valuable to me because ive poured money on this and time to accomplish what i did.

Im thinking of shared containers but i have 0 idea of where to start and call and no info on customs and what to expect when importing all that.

Thanks ahead!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This subject comes up rather frequently, and rarely is there an answer. Common sense dictates that it must be doable, but no one here has ever found a way and shared the info. In the end, most sell everything in DR before they leave

If you find an answer, please let us know

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
This subject comes up rather frequently, and rarely is there an answer. Common sense dictates that it must be doable, but no one here has ever found a way and shared the info. In the end, most sell everything in DR before they leave

If you find an answer, please let us know

...you will find the racing parts in the USA, are not that expensive...and easy to find..........

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Try calling some USA mudanzas and asking who ships from here.

I had an answer once but forget the name -- Embarca ...???? Montes something maybe

Call the FLA people... or NYC

try Hispaniola Freight in Sto Dom

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you are dominican, living in DR and you do not even know where to start? how about picking up a phone and making some calls to shipping companies?
for example i called antilean:
http://www.antillean.com/locations/
they do exports containers with personal items, they operate from haina. shipping the smallest container from DR to USA costs 910 dollars (i did not ask where to but i believe they ship to miami). there is an additional charge for transporting a container from DR locations (say, the NC) to haina. plus the container (as far as i understood they do not provide them). then there is aduanas and their charges depend on the value of the items.

so by all means, call different shippers and dig for info. DR exports tons of stuff so it's not like an impossible magic trick. it may be cost prohibitive to transport a bunch of household stuff not to mention the PITA of dealing with aduanas and then with controls and checks in the states because of drug trafficking. but have a go at it and kindly report back.