excursions

hepy

May 11, 2002
we are going to pop (merengue) late may for 2 weeks and are looking for advise on which excursions to go/dont go on anybody has info we would appreciate it--------thanks

ms.mathilda

May 5, 2002
i was there in march and stayed at playa dorado (playa Naco). i did the Outback Safari and loved it! the hotels will charge you 75 US. I booked with Ambrioux #17 on the beach for 35US and it was well worth it. Amby is a great guy look for him on the beach he is always there. the vendors wear blue shirts with numbers on their backs. i believe amby is 17 but maybe 15? he will show you pictures of the tour. it is a great way to get out and see the country. In the morning you tour small villages where they grow coffee beans, cocoa. you will go to a couple different ones, see how people live, see the plants etc. then in the afternoon you go to the waterfalls which is amazing especially if you like the water. it is not too bad on you physically as the tour guides basically do all the work for you and lift you up each waterfall. Once you get to the top you slide down each one seperately. It was a great time! just don't forget a waterproof camera because you will want pictures of this!
oh and at the end you have a typical Dominican feast at a restaurant with the 20 people or so on your excursion.
have fun!