US PS Global Services - WHAT?

T

TiberiusMineola

Can anyone explain in 200 - 300 words what "US PS Global Service" is? How it works from the USA to La Republica, from the DR to the States? How much it costs, personal experiences; advice. Locations? Who operates it or administers it here? Thank you.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
TiberiusMineola said:
Can anyone explain in 200 - 300 words what "US PS Global Service" is? How it works from the USA to La Republica, from the DR to the States? How much it costs, personal experiences; advice. Locations? Who operates it or administers it here? Thank you.

US PS GLobal Express is a step above the normal 1st class and below courier service. Check www.usps.com for details - though I doubt from DR to USA would have anything to do with it since the DR outbound mail is the purview of the Dominican Post Office or wahtever it is called.

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
200 to 300 words? Is this a homework assignment? You make me feel like I'm back in school, man. Careful with the instructions.... :)

Global Express is the only way I send mail to the US. A small envelope that fits a letter, card, photos, or a really small gift costs 5 dollars and is a safer and quicker way of sending stuff then regular airmail.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Bugsey, I live in Sosua. Is the service available here? If so, do you know how I make contact? Also wondering if you have had occasion to compare their rates with those of EPS? Ken

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
I'm sorry!! That was a typo, I meant send mail to the DR. I dont believe it is available from the DR to the US as it is a USPS thing.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Globa Service inthe DR to other places

You have to go to the Post Office. They have a special office for this service. It is more expensive but so much safer than anything else.
farmer.gif

Ken, I would guess that there is one there at the post office in Sosua, but if not, for sure in POP.

It is a great service...Safest and cheapest way to get small things around..

HB