El Patrón restauranf Cabarete

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Road signs advertising this Mexican restaurant for months now... is it open? Anyone know where it is or will be located?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Road signs advertising this Mexican restaurant for months now... is it open? Anyone know where it is or will be located?

It is on Cabarete Beach where Rocky's Aqua used to be until Rocky failed to pay up the balance due, Big Frank took the property back in court and then rented it to the proprietors of El Patron who are "opening soon".....

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I wish them luck. It would be great to have a good Mexican restaurant here. Business on the beach is still slow. The only palce that always seems to have a good crowd is Ojo Bar.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Thanks. I thought it was likely to be there, but for all I knew it was already open somewhere else.

I hope they have good food and an improved ambiance over Rocky’s. Be nice to have a reason to go back to that location.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Thanks. I thought it was likely to be there, but for all I knew it was already open somewhere else.

I hope they have good food and an improved ambiance over Rocky’s. Be nice to have a reason to go back to that location.

I never had a reason to go there after the first and last time I went, probably 14 years ago, maybe this will allow for a first time all over again.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I wish them luck. It would be great to have a good Mexican restaurant here. Business on the beach is still slow. The only palce that always seems to have a good crowd is Ojo Bar.

Mojito bar is always busy - usually more so than Lax/Ojo.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Mojito bar is always busy - usually more so than Lax/Ojo.

Does LAX now LAX/ Ojo still do the Lunch specials ?? like when they were at their old Location.
and why did they move anyway.. i never found out .. ?
Their Pasta Carbonara was out of this world Good ,and the chicken too , even as a lunch special .. just superb.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
It is on Cabarete Beach where Rocky's Aqua used to be until Rocky failed to pay up the balance due, Big Frank took the property back in court and then rented it to the proprietors of El Patron who are "opening soon".....

Wow, where did you get this misinformation? First, Rocky owns the property. Second, El Patron is renting from Rocky. Third, it looks like the new owner will be carrying on the fantastic tradition of having the Superbowl party.

And that's good news.

I doubt Mike that you will be going there regardless...since i highly doubt it will be your kind of hangout.

Dov1984

Sep 18, 2016
Great news!!! Love d Rocky's Aqua & look forward to spending mucho tiempo at El Patron. I look forward to the Super Bowl Party. I have 32 days left to go before I will be checking it out in person

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Wow, where did you get this misinformation? First, Rocky owns the property. Second, El Patron is renting from Rocky. Third, it looks like the new owner will be carrying on the fantastic tradition of having the Superbowl party.

And that's good news.

I doubt Mike that you will be going there regardless...since i highly doubt it will be your kind of hangout.

This is how rumors start. Frank, last night I told Mike from MA that Frank got the place back based on Windeguy's post. But I did also tell Mike that you can't believe a word you hear in Cab.

Last edited:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Does LAX now LAX/ Ojo still do the Lunch specials ?? like when they were at their old Location.
and why did they move anyway.. i never found out .. ?
Their Pasta Carbonara was out of this world Good ,and the chicken too , even as a lunch special .. just superb.

Lax does 50% discount all day on pasta and pizza. Maybe the chef has changed since you went there, but I would say the Carbonara is good, but not exceptional.

I believe they changed the location of Lax because they were already operating Ojo as a disco and it made sense to merge the two under one roof.