Haiti worsens, UN ponders leaving

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Not too long ago on another thread there were some posters saying what a visionary their president was and how he was going to improve things in Haiti. Unfortunately, Haitians cannot fix Haiti. That's why they all want to come to the DR - and ruin it!

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Nobody van fix Haïti, as soon as the aid leaves they start al over again. It is all our fault of course.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If any country needs a wall along it's boarder it's the DR. The Dominican Republic cannot support the mass immigration of thousands of poorly educated unskilled people.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
If any country needs a wall along it's boarder it's the DR. The Dominican Republic cannot support the mass immigration of thousands of poorly educated unskilled people.

actually, the poorly uneducated, unskilled Haitians have a profound impact on the economies of trades such as construction and agriculture....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I just heard today how the Haitians slide across the borders with guns that find their way to the Black Market here

Not all milk and honey... nefarious at times

They are a large source of illegal weapons

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I really get a laugh out of all the posts talking about their nice Haitian maids, gardeners, and construction workers doing back breaking labor in the lowest level construction jobs. Is it possible to be any more patronizing?

Just what do you think is going to happen if hundreds of thousands more of totally uneducated Haitians come over here and there's no more of any of those jobs left for them?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I really get a laugh out of all the posts talking about their nice Haitian maids, gardeners, and construction workers doing back breaking labor in the lowest level construction jobs. Is it possible to be any more patronizing?

Just what do you think is going to happen if hundreds of thousands more of totally uneducated Haitians come over here and there's no more of any of those jobs left for them?

how about you tell us what you think will happen? can you tell us if it will be a study in a matter of degree, since it does not take much to realize that there simply is not enough of these jobs to go around at present..

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
how about you tell us what you think will happen? can you tell us if it will be a study in a matter of degree, since it does not take much to realize that there simply is not enough of these jobs to go around at present..

Since you think you're so smart, how about if you tell us?