Las Terrenas first trip

rover

Aug 19, 2007
Been coming to the D.R. for 20 years but gonna take my first trip to Las Terrenas so need some help with the logistics please.

#1. Flying into SDQ I know I can rent a car but would like to avoid it if possible so what if transportation options are available from the airport to Las Terranaes ?

#2. Same question but getting from Las Terrance to Santiago ?

Thanks in advance.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Just another trip... they have it.. I’m sure and not that much different

Are you arriving from the US?
If Canada, you can use a closer airport

Ask others but I think SDQ is a bit closer... about $150 ride from there...

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Spend the night in Santo Domingo. Then with a Bus to Las Terrenas, 400 pesos, 3 hours. The bus leaves at Plaza Llama.
In Las Terrenas you need a taxi from the bus station to your hotel, in lack of competition the 5 min ride costs 250-300 pesos.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
A car ride -- taxi or rental... should be just over 1 1/2 hrs....

If you want a trip the Capital.... this is the time
but it is not that close.....then you backtrack out to LT

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Another perspective

If you are not a single traveler and travel with your family.

Taxi from Airport to hotel + The price of an hotel room in SD+price of bus (375 Pesos*?)+ Price of dinner/breakfast/snacks if any ...Not much savings if any...I have been heading straight to LT for the past 10 years when I am with the kids, that is I have my taxista from LT come get us.

If you fly in the morning or afternoon, you can catch a bus from Parada Samana near the airport though. But then again, arriving in LT, you will have to catch several conchos with kids and suitcases since there is no taxi there, so that solution was never appealing to me.

I like my vacations as stress free as possible. I will see my beloved taxista next week :)

Spoiled :bunny:

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
But then again, arriving in LT, you will have to catch several conchos with kids and suitcases since there is no taxi there, so that solution was never appealing to me.
My experience: So far in LT there were always more than one taxi waiting for the bus to arrive.
Maybe someone could send the phonenumber of the Taxis at the colmado Principe.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Departures from Plaza Llama:
10i5n9g.jpg