All inclusive Punta Cana

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Any suggestions for an all inclusive in Punta Cana for two adults and two young children? $200 and below. The lower the price the better.

Also bus services from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata ? I am going to rent a car at some point once I get to Puerto Plata so I might just get the car in Punta Cana and drop it off later in Punta Cana. Unless there is a nice express bus from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If the $200 price you asked for is for your whole family forget it. Not even close this time of year. Look elsewhere.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
So you realize how FAR Punta Cana is from Puerto Plata ?

have you ever driven such distances before in the DR ??

texan

Apr 1, 2014
So you realize how FAR Punta Cana is from Puerto Plata ?

have you ever driven such distances before in the DR ??

I have done the drive round trip before. We are going to Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, Santo Domingo and Barahona. I have drove around a lot of the islands just never took a bus before. We have almost a month and going to see friends and family at different places.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The only way to get from PC to PP by bus would be to take the Expresso Bavaro to SD. Then a taxi to either Metro or Caribe Tours.
Ex Bav is about 450rd, taxi about 200rd and the last bus to PC about 4-500rd. Takes about 8 hours or more.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
If the $200 price you asked for is for your whole family forget it. Not even close this time of year. Look elsewhere.

Looking at Expedia. Be Live Collection Punta Cana shows to be $214 which is over but not by too much.

Melia Caribe Beach Resort shows to be $195. I know about Be Live but don’t know anything about Melia Caribe Beach Resort. We are 4 but don’t think anyone changes for our youngest.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Looking at Expedia. Be Live Collection Punta Cana shows to be $214 which is over but not by too much.

Melia Caribe Beach Resort shows to be $195. I know about Be Live but don’t know anything about Melia Caribe Beach Resort. We are 4 but don’t think anyone changes for our youngest.

Be careful with those prices. Many do not count the 28% tax the govt. adds. Ask for a final price.
The Melia would be a very good choice for a family vacation. I have business there and go all the time. But the Melia Caribe is the cheap part of the resort, but still nice. If you get a decent price on the Level grab it. One of the best in PC.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Be careful with those prices. Many do not count the 28% tax the govt. adds. Ask for a final price.
The Melia would be a very good choice for a family vacation. I have business there and go all the time. But the Melia Caribe is the cheap part of the resort, but still nice. If you get a decent price on the Level grab it. One of the best in PC.

Thanks for the information. I searched a couple of more sites and got it for $179.32 total with hotels.com. They had a discount coupon.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Any suggestions for an all inclusive in Punta Cana for two adults and two young children? $200 and below. The lower the price the better.

Also bus services from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata ? I am going to rent a car at some point once I get to Puerto Plata so I might just get the car in Punta Cana and drop it off later in Punta Cana. Unless there is a nice express bus from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata.
The lower the better? Sorry Partner but The lower the worse! Um will you be in punta Cana or puerto plata? Rent a car? Have you ever been to this country?

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Thanks for the information. I searched a couple of more sites and got it for $179.32 total with hotels.com. They had a discount coupon.

what was the name of the AI that you found via hotels.com? you have to be VERY careful with some of these PC AIs, as they can sometimes be sketchy.
Melia is a brand with an excellent rep; if you don't mind taking a tram wherever you go.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The lower the better? Sorry Partner but The lower the worse! Um will you be in punta Cana or puerto plata? Rent a car? Have you ever been to this country?

that was my first Reaction as well.. .but he point blank stated in post # 4 that he HAS DONE THIS BEFORE... Which confuses me even more since he is using Expedia to get his price ?? wt ?

but lemme keep quiet .... cuz i get in trouble too easy up in here ..

I find it hard to believe this scenario though. or that he/ she has driven for 7 + hours in a Rental Car in the DR before ...

Punta Cana @ $200 for 4, yeagh good luck with that
Safe travels ..

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Check carefully. The cost of a room on a booking site, may not include a mandatory daily AI, Look carefully for asterisks, small print and anything that would suggest extra additional charges. There is always something extra, taxes, resort fees, AI fees, etc.

As you know rooms have maximum occupies. For these resorts it's usually two adults and one child. Chances are that 4 people will necessitate two rooms at some of these resorts.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Try Ocean El Faro. Opened today and they had some really good intro specials advertised last week.
Sirenis reopened today as well. They may have some deals to get things going as well. They just did a multi million dollar reno

texan

Apr 1, 2014

We are at the Melia and are enjoying the resort. It was under $200. We aren’t getting charged for 4 since our youngest doesn’t get charged.

Maybe I should of explained myself better in my original post. Out of the hotels that people would recommend for a family of four the lower the price would be nice. Not a hotel that people wouldn’t recommend for a family of four.

I did have someone recommend this hotel and I appreciate the recommendation. This worked out for us and was in the price range. Only my second time in Punta Cana so I don’t know much about this area. I am normally in Puerto Plata when I visit.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
what was the name of the AI that you found via hotels.com? you have to be VERY careful with some of these PC AIs, as they can sometimes be sketchy.
Melia is a brand with an excellent rep; if you don't mind taking a tram wherever you go.

This place is pretty big. We are in building 37 so we just walk to the restaurants but the Tram is needed.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
that was my first Reaction as well.. .but he point blank stated in post # 4 that he HAS DONE THIS BEFORE... Which confuses me even more since he is using Expedia to get his price ?? wt ?

but lemme keep quiet .... cuz i get in trouble too easy up in here ..

I find it hard to believe this scenario though. or that he/ she has driven for 7 + hours in a Rental Car in the DR before ...

Punta Cana @ $200 for 4, yeagh good luck with that
Safe travels ..

We are at the Melia and it was under $200. We are a family of four but didn’t get charged four our youngest so we paid for 3. What is wrong with Expedia ? What website would you recommend? I normally search a bunch of websites. I ended up using hotels.com and didn’t have any issues.

I am open to suggestions for other websites to use to find hotels. I had a lot of United Air Miles so that is why we are flying in and out of Punta Cana. Was able to use Air Miles for 3 round trip tickets. We also like road trips so we don’t mind doing the driving.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Check carefully. The cost of a room on a booking site, may not include a mandatory daily AI, Look carefully for asterisks, small print and anything that would suggest extra additional charges. There is always something extra, taxes, resort fees, AI fees, etc.

As you know rooms have maximum occupies. For these resorts it's usually two adults and one child. Chances are that 4 people will necessitate two rooms at some of these resorts.

Melia was good for a family. The check in took a while but they had a fold out couch in the room and brought us a baby crib. We asked for the crib when we checked in and I thought they might forget. But when we got to our room later that night the crib was there and they made the fold out couch ready.

Besides a slow check in everything else was good.

texan

Apr 1, 2014

I have been to the Dominican before. We used United Air Miles to fly non stop to Punta Cana. We have friends and family to see in Puerto Plate, Santo Domingo and Barahona. The Punta Cana part of the trip was to enjoy some time here plus we got 3 round trip tickets with United.

I was debating renting a car the entire 28 days we are here or being in Puerto Plata part of the time without a car. If they didn’t charge so much to pick up in Punta Cana and drop off in Puerto Plata I was considering that. But with the drop off fee I am just going to rent a car for the whole trip.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Again.. ok, i understand you have been to the DR before
but my only question was have you actually DRIVEN A CAR in the DR >> for those distances <<, and you are doing it with 2 kids no less... just askin ,thats all ..

Have a great Trip. Sounds like a nice Adventure , glad you got your Price for the Hotel, and please do come back and tell us how it was ..