Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Safe to travel to Haiti as an American?

Post Thanks / Like

Things are not much good at Haiti because of no rule of law, or The wealthiest 1% of Haitians own the same wealth as 45 percent of the most impoverished population. There is a new baseline of poverty in Haiti, based on consumption: The national poverty rate is 58.6 percent. I consider that high popularity rate, lack of quality education and failure of the legal institute is making Haiti a failure state. In my opinion, it is much safe to travel there.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Dominican army soldier killed by Haitian at the border

https://m.facebook.com/1000111851486...3D&mdp=1&mdf=1

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pkaide1 View Post
    Dominican army soldier killed by Haitian at the border

https://m.facebook.com/1000111851486...3D&mdp=1&mdf=1
    Warning to those with delicate stomachs, graphic images in that link.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Who uses Facebook nowadays????

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Riots and Looting - is it safe? I think not...

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nat...226176555.html

Haiti’s man in Washington, an ambassador with seven years of experience defending his country’s image, has been recalled by his government effective immediately.

At a time when Haiti is facing a deepening economic and political crisis that needs representation before the Trump administration, Paul Altidor received a letter informing him that his services will no longer be needed.

His recall comes as Haiti continues its descent into chaos, marking its seventh consecutive day of protests Wednesday that saw one journalist shot, at least one person injured and opposition lawmakers leading protesters in their demands that the president resign from office.

“We are asking for President Jovenel Moïse to leave,” Sen. Youri Latortue said as he walked the hours-long stretch from the city of Croix-des-Bouquets, along the northeastern edge of the capital, to the Champs de Mars, the public square near downtown Port-au-Prince where the presidential palace sits. “We would never leave the people by themselves, so we are accompanying them in front of the National Palace.”

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's safe in Haiti for anyone, including Haitians , at this moment in time.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just another day in paradise

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    I don't think it's safe in Haiti for anyone, including Haitians , at this moment in time.

Demonstrators drag the body of a fellow protester toward police, as a form of protest after police shot into the crowd where he died, during a demonstration demanding the resignation of President Jovenel Moise near the presidential palace in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019. Protesters are angry about skyrocketing inflation and the government’s failure to prosecute embezzlement from a multi-billion Venezuelan program that sent discounted oil to Haiti. (AP Photo/Dieu Nalio Chery)
    Dieu Nalio Chery AP

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234