Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: CBD Oil, Gummies and Lotions (Available ?)

  1. #11
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've been interested in CBD oil and frankly know nothing about it. Like how to use it properly and which is the most effective. Now that I travel to DR frequently and was thinking of taking some (non thc) what are some recommended products that I should get? Like from Amazon, etc. Any recommendations?

  2. #12
    No fui yo!
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,045
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suarezj519 View Post
    I've been interested in CBD oil and frankly know nothing about it. Like how to use it properly and which is the most effective. Now that I travel to DR frequently and was thinking of taking some (non thc) what are some recommended products that I should get? Like from Amazon, etc. Any recommendations?
    I'm a newbie but Green Roads brand seems good.
    They make gummies and syrup and topical creams.
    They syrup Mango and Strawberry and Grape is what my friend uses.
    I tried the syrup once and boy it makes you sleep and have intense dreams.

  3. #13
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20,116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I’ve been looking into this myself. Despite all the warnings, I’ve taken prescription strength NSAIDS for a very long time. Ended up for 5 days in bad shape at ER, two bleeding ulcers, hemorrhages, spent Christmas there. No more NSAIDS for me, and Tylenol is a joke.

    My cleaning lady has been singing the praises of the CBD oil she uses (she swears two drops in her dogs food daily controls her seizures) so I got the name from her (HempWorx) and ordered some. I’ll be bringing in my carryon and don’t expect any problems




    Super Moderator
    DR1.com

  4. #14
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My health aware daughter gave all of us a bottle at Christmas

    She's very conscious and current in her eating/health and lifestyle issues...
    She's the one that had Lymphoma

    Her habits helped her thru the Chemotherapy to the point the nurses asked her how she was tolerating
    those treatments so well.

    websterworks.com explains her philosophy for those interested

    She still drinks wine etc... she's not a nun ... but she has 'antidotes' that work

  5. #15
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    16,394
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    I’ve been looking into this myself. Despite all the warnings, I’ve taken prescription strength NSAIDS for a very long time. Ended up for 5 days in bad shape at ER, two bleeding ulcers, hemorrhages, spent Christmas there. No more NSAIDS for me, and Tylenol is a joke.

    My cleaning lady has been singing the praises of the CBD oil she uses (she swears two drops in her dogs food daily controls her seizures) so I got the name from her (HempWorx) and ordered some. I’ll be bringing in my carryon and don’t expect any problems
    When you try it for the first time be sure you have no plans to do anything that day. I know you don't drink and it might affect you like it did me. Very tiny amount and I was seeing dead people, my Mom come over for a visit. I'm not kidding. On the good side, no pain and the muscles in bad knee were very relaxed for a few days.

    I'm kind of afraid of it. Can one build a tolorance so it's not that extreme I wonder.


    Moderator Visa Forum
    www.DR1.com

  6. #16
    Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    My cleaning lady has been singing the praises of the CBD oil she uses (she swears two drops in her dogs food daily controls her seizures)
    excuse me? is she eating the dog food or gives it to her dog?

    North Coast Moderator

  7. Likes malko liked this post
  8. #17
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20,116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    excuse me? is she eating the dog food or gives it to her dog?
    Lol, I wasn’t clear, and haven’t even tried the oil yet.

    She takes it in lieu of prescription pain meds, off those completely. Then she has a couple of dogs, and one has had seizures since she was a pup. She started adding 2 drops to dog’s dinner and it stopped them.

    Coincidentally, my niece is a veterinarian, and she told my brother to try it because her mother-in-law has had miraculous response (severe back problems) and because she’s seen it help animals too

    Now, I’d be remiss if I didn’t try to describe the look on my doctor’s face when I asked his opinion about the oil. Not a fan.




    Super Moderator
    DR1.com

  9. #18
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I dont understand what this non-THC stuff means.......

    To my understanding, CBD and THC are both active ingredients in cannabis, 2 out of 85 or so, i may add.
    THC is the " bad boy" of that family, being the substance that makes you " stoned ".

    As a regular, and long time user of cannabis, mainly recreational, mind you, but also against migraines, i recently transitioned to legal cannabis, ie CBD.
    Now regulations vary from country to country ( as an example, in switzerland, i can buy over-the counter CBD with less than 1 % THC, but that is still illegal in france, where it has to contain less than 0.2% of THC ).

    So my question is : this oil is 100% CBD or is a less-than-a-certain-amount of THC variant of cannabis oil ?

    The market for legal cannabis is huuuuge and mainly unexplored, thanks to pharma companies mainly ( well, yeah, who is going to buy expensive drugs if you can just as efficiently smoke a plant from your garden, right ? ).

    I would love to have access to CBD weed in the dr........ maybe in a near futur ?

  10. #19
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    328
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    I dont understand what this non-THC stuff means.......

    To my understanding, CBD and THC are both active ingredients in cannabis, 2 out of 85 or so, i may add.
    THC is the " bad boy" of that family, being the substance that makes you " stoned ".

    As a regular, and long time user of cannabis, mainly recreational, mind you, but also against migraines, i recently transitioned to legal cannabis, ie CBD.
    Now regulations vary from country to country ( as an example, in switzerland, i can buy over-the counter CBD with less than 1 % THC, but that is still illegal in france, where it has to contain less than 0.2% of THC ).

    So my question is : this oil is 100% CBD or is a less-than-a-certain-amount of THC variant of cannabis oil ?

    The market for legal cannabis is huuuuge and mainly unexplored, thanks to pharma companies mainly ( well, yeah, who is going to buy expensive drugs if you can just as efficiently smoke a plant from your garden, right ? ).

    I would love to have access to CBD weed in the dr........ maybe in a near futur ?
    Read here:

    https://highlandpharms.com/does-cbd-oil-have-thc/

  11. Likes AnnaC, malko liked this post
  12. #20
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,492
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You can have CBD oil shipped. We had some shipped in a generic box, no issues. I just ordered a hemp lotion, which has a box clearly marked CBD, no issues either. In the first case, we used EPS. For the latest shipment of that Hemp lotion, I used CPS.

    Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    After a recent trip to Florida my friend tried to tell me how much her CBD oil and syrups were helping her. She has epilepsy and uses the syrup for sleep and oil drops under the tongue to reduce her Tegretol meds, as those have severe side effects.
    I had twisted my knee in the DR severely several weeks before I left, and she noticed me favoring it getting in and out of the car and going up and down stairs, she told me she saw they also sold CDB lotion for joint and muscle pain.

    OK so I doubted it, I'm pushing 70 and am a skeptical curmudgeon of course. But I forgot my Arcoxia in the DR, so I thought OK anything is worth a shot and so I bought a $37 bottle of Green Roads lotion and wow, I began walking up and down stairs with very little pain in two days.

    Now my question is can we have these products sent in via one of the air shippers, or is it available somewhere for sell in DR (or not yet). Is it forbidden ?

    It is sold on Amazon and other on-line stores

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •