CBD Oil, Gummies and Lotions (Available ?)

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
After a recent trip to Florida my friend tried to tell me how much her CBD oil and syrups were helping her. She has epilepsy and uses the syrup for sleep and oil drops under the tongue to reduce her Tegretol meds, as those have severe side effects.
I had twisted my knee in the DR severely several weeks before I left, and she noticed me favoring it getting in and out of the car and going up and down stairs, she told me she saw they also sold CDB lotion for joint and muscle pain.

OK so I doubted it, I'm pushing 70 and am a skeptical curmudgeon of course. But I forgot my Arcoxia in the DR, so I thought OK anything is worth a shot and so I bought a $37 bottle of Green Roads lotion and wow, I began walking up and down stairs with very little pain in two days.

Now my question is can we have these products sent in via one of the air shippers, or is it available somewhere for sell in DR (or not yet). Is it forbidden ?

It is sold on Amazon and other on-line stores

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Shipping liquids from the US to here is very iffy. Once I bought some perfume from Amazon, EPS sent a notice that I had to go to the office and sign something and pay $10. I eventually got it, but it was a hassle. I would check with your shipper before buying.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
After a recent trip to Florida my friend tried to tell me how much her CBD oil and syrups were helping her. She has epilepsy and uses the syrup for sleep and oil drops under the tongue to reduce her Tegretol meds, as those have severe side effects.
I had twisted my knee in the DR severely several weeks before I left, and she noticed me favoring it getting in and out of the car and going up and down stairs, she told me she saw they also sold CDB lotion for joint and muscle pain.

OK so I doubted it, I'm pushing 70 and am a skeptical curmudgeon of course. But I forgot my Arcoxia in the DR, so I thought OK anything is worth a shot and so I bought a $37 bottle of Green Roads lotion and wow, I began walking up and down stairs with very little pain in two days.

Now my question is can we have these products sent in via one of the air shippers, or is it available somewhere for sell in DR (or not yet). Is it forbidden ?

I have very good experiences with JetPack: perfume, Armor All, paint, special glue etc. no problems!

http://jetpack.com.do/

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
CBD without THC can be shipped anywhere, it's not an illegal product.....which is why it's available on Amazon, Walmart and many other retails. CBD without THC has extremely low potency compared to the real CBD with THC.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
CBD without THC can be shipped anywhere, it's not an illegal product.....which is why it's available on Amazon, Walmart and many other retails. CBD without THC has extremely low potency compared to the real CBD with THC.
Well yes but it seemed to work for me

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

May 5, 2007

I used etoricoxib (Arcoxia) after dental surgery and was surprised at it's effiacy. Only problem was stomach upset (Taken on full stomach)

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
That's great that it worked well for you and many others say the same. But, just imagine how you would feel with the THC!!!!
Yeah high - been there and done that, rinsed and repeated

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I used etoricoxib (Arcoxia) after dental surgery and was surprised at it's effiacy. Only problem was stomach upset (Taken on full stomach)

No side effects for me at all, but gosh does that pill work wonders for joint pain or any other swelling issues - you'll swear you are 20 years younger - to bad it doesn't work on wrinkles

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
I brought with me a two-year supply of CBD oil for my mother when I moved here a year and a half ago. She's 96 and has Alzheimers, and it helps with her repetitive compulsive behavior. Additionally, it the lessens the aggressive episodes and allows her to sleep a minimum of eight hours straight. I made my own organic CBD, with and without THC, in my former life in Southern California.

suarezj519

May 14, 2014
I've been interested in CBD oil and frankly know nothing about it. Like how to use it properly and which is the most effective. Now that I travel to DR frequently and was thinking of taking some (non thc) what are some recommended products that I should get? Like from Amazon, etc. Any recommendations?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I've been interested in CBD oil and frankly know nothing about it. Like how to use it properly and which is the most effective. Now that I travel to DR frequently and was thinking of taking some (non thc) what are some recommended products that I should get? Like from Amazon, etc. Any recommendations?

I'm a newbie but Green Roads brand seems good.
They make gummies and syrup and topical creams.
They syrup Mango and Strawberry and Grape is what my friend uses.
I tried the syrup once and boy it makes you sleep and have intense dreams.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I’ve been looking into this myself. Despite all the warnings, I’ve taken prescription strength NSAIDS for a very long time. Ended up for 5 days in bad shape at ER, two bleeding ulcers, hemorrhages, spent Christmas there. No more NSAIDS for me, and Tylenol is a joke.

My cleaning lady has been singing the praises of the CBD oil she uses (she swears two drops in her dogs food daily controls her seizures) so I got the name from her (HempWorx) and ordered some. I’ll be bringing in my carryon and don’t expect any problems

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My health aware daughter gave all of us a bottle at Christmas

She's very conscious and current in her eating/health and lifestyle issues...
She's the one that had Lymphoma

Her habits helped her thru the Chemotherapy to the point the nurses asked her how she was tolerating
those treatments so well.

websterworks.com explains her philosophy for those interested

She still drinks wine etc... she's not a nun ... but she has 'antidotes' that work

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I’ve been looking into this myself. Despite all the warnings, I’ve taken prescription strength NSAIDS for a very long time. Ended up for 5 days in bad shape at ER, two bleeding ulcers, hemorrhages, spent Christmas there. No more NSAIDS for me, and Tylenol is a joke.

My cleaning lady has been singing the praises of the CBD oil she uses (she swears two drops in her dogs food daily controls her seizures) so I got the name from her (HempWorx) and ordered some. I’ll be bringing in my carryon and don’t expect any problems

When you try it for the first time be sure you have no plans to do anything that day. I know you don't drink and it might affect you like it did me. Very tiny amount and I was seeing dead people, my Mom come over for a visit. I'm not kidding. On the good side, no pain and the muscles in bad knee were very relaxed for a few days.

I'm kind of afraid of it. Can one build a tolorance so it's not that extreme I wonder.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
My cleaning lady has been singing the praises of the CBD oil she uses (she swears two drops in her dogs food daily controls her seizures)

excuse me? is she eating the dog food or gives it to her dog?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
excuse me? is she eating the dog food or gives it to her dog?

Lol, I wasn’t clear, and haven’t even tried the oil yet.

She takes it in lieu of prescription pain meds, off those completely. Then she has a couple of dogs, and one has had seizures since she was a pup. She started adding 2 drops to dog’s dinner and it stopped them.

Coincidentally, my niece is a veterinarian, and she told my brother to try it because her mother-in-law has had miraculous response (severe back problems) and because she’s seen it help animals too

Now, I’d be remiss if I didn’t try to describe the look on my doctor’s face when I asked his opinion about the oil. Not a fan. :)

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I dont understand what this non-THC stuff means.......

To my understanding, CBD and THC are both active ingredients in cannabis, 2 out of 85 or so, i may add.
THC is the " bad boy" of that family, being the substance that makes you " stoned ".

As a regular, and long time user of cannabis, mainly recreational, mind you, but also against migraines, i recently transitioned to legal cannabis, ie CBD.
Now regulations vary from country to country ( as an example, in switzerland, i can buy over-the counter CBD with less than 1 % THC, but that is still illegal in france, where it has to contain less than 0.2% of THC ).

So my question is : this oil is 100% CBD or is a less-than-a-certain-amount of THC variant of cannabis oil ?

The market for legal cannabis is huuuuge and mainly unexplored, thanks to pharma companies mainly ( well, yeah, who is going to buy expensive drugs if you can just as efficiently smoke a plant from your garden, right ? ).

I would love to have access to CBD weed in the dr........ maybe in a near futur ?

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
I dont understand what this non-THC stuff means.......

To my understanding, CBD and THC are both active ingredients in cannabis, 2 out of 85 or so, i may add.
THC is the " bad boy" of that family, being the substance that makes you " stoned ".

As a regular, and long time user of cannabis, mainly recreational, mind you, but also against migraines, i recently transitioned to legal cannabis, ie CBD.
Now regulations vary from country to country ( as an example, in switzerland, i can buy over-the counter CBD with less than 1 % THC, but that is still illegal in france, where it has to contain less than 0.2% of THC ).

So my question is : this oil is 100% CBD or is a less-than-a-certain-amount of THC variant of cannabis oil ?

The market for legal cannabis is huuuuge and mainly unexplored, thanks to pharma companies mainly ( well, yeah, who is going to buy expensive drugs if you can just as efficiently smoke a plant from your garden, right ? ).

I would love to have access to CBD weed in the dr........ maybe in a near futur ?
Read here:

https://highlandpharms.com/does-cbd-oil-have-thc/

Jan 17, 2009
You can have CBD oil shipped. We had some shipped in a generic box, no issues. I just ordered a hemp lotion, which has a box clearly marked CBD, no issues either. In the first case, we used EPS. For the latest shipment of that Hemp lotion, I used CPS.