Police brutality of a tourist: Police almost killed me if I didn't have my camera

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
" I am going to sue you ! " lol...... good luck with that.....

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Almost killed?? You got slapped Sissy boy. What a maroon.

He shouldn't be sticking his nose and camera into police business. There was at least two police cars, mind you own business, keep walking.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Almost killed?? You got slapped Sissy boy. What a maroon.

He shouldn't be sticking his nose and camera into police business. There was at least two police cars, mind you own business, keep walking.

Your Spanish is probably better than mine but did they call him a snitch inside the truck?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I think im going to take a chance and NOT waste 7 mins of my life watching this Video, based on the comment above ..

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I've been to jail here in Santiago couple times for minding
my own business walking down the street. (always at night)

There are a few posters on here who will swear on their mother's graves
I must have done $$$omething wrong in order for the PN to
throw me in a cell for the night. No point in crying over spilt
milk. No doubt most of them are indeed dirty.

Dominicans in general, especially in poorer barrios do not like
cameras in public. Why this guy felt the need to film a corrupt gang
of thugs is beyond me. This should serve as a strong warning to
anyone thinking about doing the same.

Welcome to Wonderland!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I think im going to take a chance and NOT waste 7 mins of my life watching this Video, based on the comment above ..

DO NOT watch it, you are better off cleaning your hair catcher in the sink.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016

It was a fun filled 7 minutes. He could turn it into a series about a guy with an attitude wandering around video recording strangers.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
LOL the comments are funny and true but come on guys they didn't have to slap the guy. He's clearly naive coming from Africa or wherever he's from

JohnDoe239

Dec 21, 2018
This is crazy I watch this guy on YouTube almost everyday. Crazy how he was just in Haiti and nothing happen to him.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
... it may lead some people to get themselves into situations they otherwise would have avoided.

Adventure videographers falling off waterfalls, knuckleheads hanging by the tips of their fingers from tall cranes/towers and of course eventually killing themselves. In this case the belief that a video permits a mouthy westerner to get all in the face of corrupt police all for a video to post and generate clickbait revenue seems a bit daft especially expecting to always come out the other side unscathed.

People will do the darnedest things in the pursuit of money especially if it involves risking life and limb. There is also the celebrity motivation. I am quite content to not be in the public eye and have zero need of positive reinforcement from strangers. Others it seems can't get out of bed if they are not constantly "liked".

Go ahead do what you want - if you happen to win a Darwin Award, more power to you. If on the other hand your self-worth is predominantly tied to the popularity of your latest addition to youtube, get some help.

Lots of locals don't like you filming them as if they are a circus sideshow for the entertainment of foreigners.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Ow, ok, and I thought he was some job-less Haitian.

That’s the problem... so did the police. I’m disappointed but not surprised that many on here jumped to the same or similar conclusions.

If you look at his Instagram he’s been in DR, Haiti, Cuba, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Colombia, and more just in the last 12 months. And on his way to Kenya for the holidays. 50,000+ followers on YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter. Not bad.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I've been to jail here in Santiago couple times for minding
my own business walking down the street. (always at night)

There are a few posters on here who will swear on their mother's graves
I must have done $$$omething wrong in order for the PN to
throw me in a cell for the night. No point in crying over spilt
milk. No doubt most of them are indeed dirty.

Dominicans in general, especially in poorer barrios do not like
cameras in public. Why this guy felt the need to film a corrupt gang
of thugs is beyond me. This should serve as a strong warning to
anyone thinking about doing the same.

Welcome to Wonderland!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine how great the country would be with honest police, not out for shakedowns and taxis that drove safely and where people waited to get to a trash can to throw out their trashy

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
... it may lead some people to get themselves into situations they otherwise would have avoided.

Adventure videographers falling off waterfalls, knuckleheads hanging by the tips of their fingers from tall cranes/towers and of course eventually killing themselves. In this case the belief that a video permits a mouthy westerner to get all in the face of corrupt police all for a video to post and generate clickbait revenue seems a bit daft especially expecting to always come out the other side unscathed.

People will do the darnedest things in the pursuit of money especially if it involves risking life and limb. There is also the celebrity motivation. I am quite content to not be in the public eye and have zero need of positive reinforcement from strangers. Others it seems can't get out of bed if they are not constantly "liked".

Go ahead do what you want - if you happen to win a Darwin Award, more power to you. If on the other hand your self-worth is predominantly tied to the popularity of your latest addition to youtube, get some help.

Lots of locals don't like you filming them as if they are a circus sideshow for the entertainment of foreigners.

I understand what youre saying but thats not what happened here. This guy was simply a clueless tourist. His youtube content consists of walking around different countries and filming the locals interacting with eachother. He had no clue he was filming the great honest officers of Santiago. They know he isnt a Haitian because what Haitian has a go-pro and an expensive DSLR in their backpack running and operating? But its a lesson learned when visiting 3rd world countries. When you see cops put the damn camera down.