Housing in Santiago

hypolite

Apr 21, 2002
Hello Everyone.

I'm in the process of finalizing my plans, and I am looking for housing in Santiago. I'll be staying for 8 weeks, and would like to find something reasonable, as I want to spend some of my money enjoying my time in the country.

Does anyone have any ideas? any leads I can follow?

I appreciate all of your help.

Claire

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Why not use the Dean of Students Office at PUCMM? They have a list of places for students that are reasonable.
Or the Oficina de Estudaintes Extrangeros at the PUCMM
580 1962

Short term rentals usually involve a Pensi?n type housing, is that alright?

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

hypolite

Apr 21, 2002
Thanks, again and again!

Hillbilly,

What is Pension type housing? I've never heard of it. Basically, all I really need is a comfortable place to stay. I would like someplace with a back-up generator, and AC is not really an issue, as long as there is a fan.

I can live pretty simply when necessary, and I have a few good friends in Santiago who will definitely help me out. Unfortunately, they are unavailable to help me now because they are out of the country and won't return until shortly *after* I arrive. So I'm on my own with these arrangements.

Is there someone at the housing office of PUCMM who speaks English? I can speak some spanish, but I would prefer to handle money matters in a language I am more comfortable with.

Thanks for all of your help, Hillbilly. You have been an invaluable resource!

Claire