Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston baked beans

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Boston baked beans

Has anybody ever seen any traditional Boston baked beans here on the north coast? The only thing I can find in either Playero or Super Pola are different types of typical canned Dominican habichuelas.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhanson1 View Post
    Has anybody ever seen any traditional Boston baked beans here on the north coast? The only thing I can find in either Playero or Super Pola are different types of typical canned Dominican habichuelas.
    We have on DR1 a resident Chef, the gorgon. If he doesn't respond send him a PM as I am sure he has a simple recipe up his sleeve where you can bake your own using available local ingredients.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Nacional has Campbell's in most of their stores. Not Boston, but not bad either.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    We have on DR1 a resident Chef, the gorgon. If he doesn't respond send him a PM as I am sure he has a simple recipe up his sleeve where you can bake your own using available local ingredients.
    The recipe is readily available online but I'm too lazy to do all that work. They typically require slow cooking for 10 - 12 hours. I would like to find something in a can that I could just heat up in the microwave.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Nacional has Campbell's in most of their stores. Not Boston, but not bad either.
    I live in Sosua, so I would like to find a more local source. But your post is helpful because I never thought of looking in the canned soup section of the supermarket. I've been looking in the canned vegetable section. I will take a look in the soup section.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in Sosua, so I would like to find a more local source. But your post is helpful because I never thought of looking in the canned soup section of the supermarket. I've been looking in the canned vegetable section. I will take a look in the soup section.
    Check in the mexican foods at Nacional too. I saw Bush's there a few weeks ago (in Punta Cana though).

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    other supermarkets stock them too. canned "pork and beans". right next to a selection of canned soups. jose luis in PP has them.

North Coast Moderator

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    other supermarkets stock them too. canned "pork and beans". right next to a selection of canned soups. jose luis in PP has them.
    Gracias! I will also check the soup section and Mexican food section of the local supermarkets in Sosua.

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

playero has, like, EVERYTHING. try it first

North Coast Moderator

10. Likes j&t's future liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The recipe is readily available online but I'm too lazy to do all that work. They typically require slow cooking for 10 - 12 hours. I would like to find something in a can that I could just heat up in the microwave.
    I hear you but even when I buy the ones in the can I have to do something to them to doctor them up and get them tasting good. I just can't heat them up right out the can and eat them. They need some serious flavor.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast