Scam Made by Santiago Group

jpblan2001

Jun 23, 2014
A group from Santiago using the following phone (may be google)numbers 804-293-5369, 786-823-0381 and 809-776-7790. One has been identified as Stefani (last name unknown) and another as Jose Elias Aracena. There is a video of the threats to kill the person does not send money to this Jose Elias Aracena. I unfortunately do not know how to upload the video to this page. In the video they threaten to kill the US resident, family members, and burn the bodies if money is not sent.

Datyke

Sep 11, 2019
What should I do?

This person is in fact in contact with me with the exact same threats. He is threatened my family and already got money from me. Is this for real? I don't want trouble for my family.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I would ignore them - they are just looking to scare money out of people. Just say "no speaky Spanish" and hangup.

How did you come into contact with them in the first place ?

Datyke

Sep 11, 2019
I was talking to a girl on a dating site, when she started asking for money I blocked her, next day I started getting the messages and threats.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I was talking to a girl on a dating site, when she started asking for money I blocked her, next day I started getting the messages and threats.

and you sent them money ?.....no wonder they keep on trying ...always a sucker somewhere

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Ignore her / them and block any number that calls you you do not recognize. Shakedown artists probably don't have enough money to gas up their scooter to get to your neighborhood anyway.
I can't believe you sent her money ?
Are you married and trying to buy silence ?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Ignore her / them and block any number that calls you you do not recognize. Shakedown artists probably don't have enough money to gas up their scooter to get to your neighborhood anyway.
I can't believe you sent her money ?
Are you married and trying to buy silence ?

a dating site?....death threats....why would you need a dating site in this country.....

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I work in the call center industry here.
If you are getting threats in English..
probably some lazy ass deportee. If you
are getting threats in Spanish.. probably
some lazy ass deportee.

I can list 100 different scams they run on suckers.
From the grandma scam to the romance scams
and everything in between.. Ignore them and
they will go away. Just like the guy on the street
corner yelling "yo!" the minute you make eye contact
with him.. you know what I mean.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Scam the scammer. Have some fun with them. If they call you read this to them in a calm voice. Don't worry about pronunciation.

Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium. Ímperet ílli Déus, súpplices deprecámur: tuque, prínceps milítiæ cæléstis, Sátanam aliósque spíritus malígnos, qui ad perditiónem animárum pervagántur in múndo, divína virtúte, in inférnum detrúde. Ámen.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium. Ímperet ílli Déus, súpplices deprecámur: tuque, prínceps milítiæ cæléstis, Sátanam aliósque spíritus malígnos, qui ad perditiónem animárum pervagántur in múndo, divína virtúte, in inférnum detrúde. Ámen.

Please, leave me out of it. I have no time to look after everybody... :bunny:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
As has been said already, don't engage with unsolicited calls, texts or emails. If you are of strong will, don't answer the call when you don't recognize the number. If it is important they will leave a voicemail. Delete texts and emails from senders you do not know without opening them.

If you can't help yourself, as soon as you realize the nature of the call, "Don't speak Spanish" or "Don't call again". Most phones can block calls from specific numbers in the contact list. Unless your phone/computer is well locked down, nothing good comes from opening strange txts/emails. Of course never reply to these - it just verifies the validity of the email address for the scammers who then sell it to other scammers.

It doesn't matter if you just won a million dollars in a lottery you don't have a ticket for or someone says they are coming to slaughter your whole family and Grandma back in Skokie, ignore them all. Common sense folks, crooks won't warn you they are coming to pay you a visit and everything else from unknown parties is either a scam or a sales pitch.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Scam the scammer. Have some fun with them. If they call you read this to them in a calm voice. Don't worry about pronunciation.

I remember getting a call from the infamous Lifetouch Portraits, offering to come to my home & take a photo of me and my family for framing.
I explained I had no family and lived alone except for my dog.

"Well then Sir wouldn't you like a picture of you with your dog to frame for the wall".

I replied "Well I don't think it would do me any good, I'm blind"

Crickets...and no more calls from Lifetouch

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015

Don't give people, you don't know well, your real phone number. There are plenty of free "burner" calling and texting apps. You can even create a "burner" whatsapp account.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I absolutely love the scamming the scammer websites and videos.

They are boot camp for dealing with these clowns.