Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Trainer

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog Trainer

Hi!

I bring my 2 Great Dane puppies home to Santiago in 10 days. Anyone know of any reputable trainers in the area? Where do you all take your dogs for exercise (I know there aren’t any “dog parks”) but I went to Parque Central and they told me I could walk them and let them play there but they needed to have muzzles on (uuuuuuh.....nope).
    Anyway I won’t be taking them anywhere until their last round of shots at 16 weeks so they don’t pick up anything but was really just trying to find any puppy training classes, if they exist.
    Thanks!
    SHALENA

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKing View Post
    Hi!

I bring my 2 Great Dane puppies home to Santiago in 10 days. Anyone know of any reputable trainers in the area? Where do you all take your dogs for exercise (I know there aren’t any “dog parks”) but I went to Parque Central and they told me I could walk them and let them play there but they needed to have muzzles on (uuuuuuh.....nope).
    Anyway I won’t be taking them anywhere until their last round of shots at 16 weeks so they don’t pick up anything but was really just trying to find any puppy training classes, if they exist.
    Thanks!
    SHALENA
    I mentioned one in this link: Cesar, dog trainer in Santiago

As far as muzzles, not all muzzles are the same. Consider a Baskerville muzzle. They are flexible, comfortable, allows dogs to pant, bark somewhat, drink water and eat treats. It's purpose is preventing dog bites. And it is comfortable on dogs.

Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I mentioned one in this link: Cesar, dog trainer in Santiago
    The link in the posted link is no longer valid.
    Clown Central

Be Serious

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    The link in the posted link is no longer valid.
    Cesar's name and phone number in the post should work.
    Cabin Attendant,

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!
    I will call him. I don’t want any fight training, basically obedience. I want to make sure that they listen to me and kids when they’re big. It’s cute to have a little Dane puppy pulling you on a leash but not so cute when they’re 150lbs!
    Kobe is already 21lbs at 7.5wks and Maia isn’t far behind. So I want to have good control over them from a young age and it’s mostly for ME learning.
    Thanks again!

SHALENA

6. Likes bob saunders liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKing View Post
    Thanks!
    I will call him. I don’t want any fight training, basically obedience. I want to make sure that they listen to me and kids when they’re big. It’s cute to have a little Dane puppy pulling you on a leash but not so cute when they’re 150lbs!
    Kobe is already 21lbs at 7.5wks and Maia isn’t far behind. So I want to have good control over them from a young age and it’s mostly for ME learning.
    Thanks again!

SHALENA
    Just understand Great Danes aren't the best or easiest dog to train. They can be dumb and stubborn, an interesting combination.

Then again, our old Toby (RIP):

Reach out to Matilda who has had numerous Great Danes, including our Toby's dad.
    Cabin Attendant,

8. Likes Matilda, SKing, mofongoloco liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Just understand Great Danes aren't the best or easiest dog to train. They can be dumb and stubborn, an interesting combination.

Then again, our old Toby (RIP):

Reach out to Matilda who has had numerous Great Danes, including our Toby's dad.

I sure will. Toby was so handsome. I don’t know how yo put pictures here or is post Kobe and Maia :-)

SHALENA

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Shalena
    You’re exactly right.... the owner is getting training.... the dog a bit, the owner a lot

Most important is immediate response... a NO or praise....they learn quickly

I have two Boxer puppies and in the middle of it

Teach those big dogs the leash....always on the same side
    Repetition is key...they like a routine

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I've been reading everything. I am 100%ready.

SHALENA

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

How did I know that ???

hahaha

Happy New Year to you and your family !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast