Thread: What happened to Sunscape

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What happened to Sunscape

They bought the Barcelo dominican beach and sold it to Impressive Resorts a year later?

Something is very odd about that.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are talking about Sunscape Spa and Resorts then I didn't hear any news about selling the beach even their official site is showing Barcelo Dominican beach.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StaciaVanderberg View Post
    If you are talking about Sunscape Spa and Resorts then I didn't hear any news about selling the beach even their official site is showing Barcelo Dominican beach.
    Barcelo sold it, SunScape bought it, renovated it, and now it is no longer Suncape. It's on their website but you can't book there anylonger. The resort shows up in searches as Impressive Premium Resort & Spa Punta Cana so presumably it was Sunscape sold it. 3 different owners all in the space of about 2 years.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe same owners...Sunscape was just a marketed brand.

5. Likes healimonster liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The sign at both gates still states "Sunscape" and the employees still wear "Sunscape" name tags....

7. Likes healimonster liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

interesting. they may be testing out if new branding sells better. They need it. I spent a day there in March and the drinks and beer were disgusting. both totally undrinkable and I am NOT picky.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The 2 sister resorts in El Cortecito also look like they brought in contaminated sand. Darker brown and really stinks. The water is really sluggy looking (almost oily in color).

Since they installed the geopods there a few years ago, they haven’t lost beachfront...but the smell of the water is really bad.

Post Thanks / Like

The owner is the same, Sunscape was only operating the hotel. Their contract ended in Jan '19 and the owners decided to operate the hotel themselves, thus created the brand "Impressive" resorts.