What happened to Sunscape

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
They bought the Barcelo dominican beach and sold it to Impressive Resorts a year later?

Something is very odd about that.

StaciaVanderberg

Jan 5, 2019
If you are talking about Sunscape Spa and Resorts then I didn't hear any news about selling the beach even their official site is showing Barcelo Dominican beach.

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
If you are talking about Sunscape Spa and Resorts then I didn't hear any news about selling the beach even their official site is showing Barcelo Dominican beach.

Barcelo sold it, SunScape bought it, renovated it, and now it is no longer Suncape. It's on their website but you can't book there anylonger. The resort shows up in searches as Impressive Premium Resort & Spa Punta Cana so presumably it was Sunscape sold it. 3 different owners all in the space of about 2 years.

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
interesting. they may be testing out if new branding sells better. They need it. I spent a day there in March and the drinks and beer were disgusting. both totally undrinkable and I am NOT picky.

Wheathead

Sep 10, 2011
The 2 sister resorts in El Cortecito also look like they brought in contaminated sand. Darker brown and really stinks. The water is really sluggy looking (almost oily in color).

Since they installed the geopods there a few years ago, they haven’t lost beachfront...but the smell of the water is really bad.

manpaslop

Jan 18, 2019
The owner is the same, Sunscape was only operating the hotel. Their contract ended in Jan '19 and the owners decided to operate the hotel themselves, thus created the brand "Impressive" resorts.

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
The owner is the same, Sunscape was only operating the hotel. Their contract ended in Jan '19 and the owners decided to operate the hotel themselves, thus created the brand "Impressive" resorts.

So did the sunscape workers get canned or were they all hired by Impressive?