Is there a better Punta Cana forum?

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
It seems like 90% of the traffic and posts here at Dr1 are very North Coast and Santo Domingo centric.

Do any fellow Punta Cana condo owners or residents of use another more active forum?

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Do any fellow Punta Cana condo owners or residents of use another more active forum?

For us , no , not really....maybe FB as already mentioned .Was thinking of starting one a few years ago ....did some research and found that many had tried ..and failed....or just left it by the wayside...wasn’t worth the time and effort perhaps....plus I had more productive things to do with my time...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Mod suggestions:
Encourage friends and acquaintances to join the DR1 forum
Start threads about local issues, news
Post information about local events in calendar thread
Recommend local restaurants, attractions, etc.
Share trip reports

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Sounds good ......... but

Mod suggestions:
Encourage friends and acquaintances to join the DR1 forum
less than a month the new posters will be chased off the board from the little group of rude old timer posters

Start threads about local issues, news
and that same group will know more about Punta Cana issues than those living there

Post information about local events in calendar thread
I sure hope no third hand info or events that don't interest the masses

Recommend local restaurants, attractions, etc.
That would be nice as long as there are pics to support the info is not some TripAdvisor read stuff

Share trip reports
Trip Reports are once every other month thing on dr1. (too much arguing to be done first and foremost about matters that don't matter)

Not being evil spirited but just the way things have become. Yes, you can still get some good info on dr1. Way too many north coasters dominating the board but if you live on the north coast a good thing. Santo Domingo, Santiago, or elsewhere just ain't a thing happening.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

Not being evil spirited but just the way things have become. Yes, you can still get some good info on dr1. Way too many north coasters dominating the board but if you live on the north coast a good thing. Santo Domingo, Santiago, or elsewhere just ain't a thing happening.

Just ain't happening, are you sure???

We have 11,228 threads and 123,762 posts right now that are not related to the North Coast.
That's almost 1,400 more threads than in the North Coast forum.

So yes, maybe being a little negative and mean spirited. LOL!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Can you date those Sir.... recent posts ?
Or is that a cumulative, life time number....including a lot of old posts/threads?

My sense is that the Aerie Man is right ... for current stats

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Can you date those Sir.... recent posts ?
Or is that a cumulative, life time number....including a lot of old posts/threads?

My sense is that the Aerie Man is right ... for current stats

The forum ebbs and flows. What is current this month is not valid next month.
We have ALWAYS had more activity on the North Coast for obvious reasons, but that doesn't mean the other forums do not get their share of threads and posts, hence my response.

I can pick holes all day long if I wanted, but I prefer to look at it for what it is.
The best resource period, for info related to the Dominican Republic.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Is there a Guachupita forum?

grumpycat.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014

There is it ! Top marks bigbird!

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
A lot of arguments can be carried out with private messaging, restrict posts to certain numbers per day to stop a few users take over the forum...easy.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
A lot of arguments can be carried out with private messaging, restrict posts to certain numbers per day to stop a few users take over the forum...easy.

a lot of people do not want to use personal messaging to settle differences. they want their remarks to be public, because their intent is to insult, offend, and humiliate others. it is not about debate. why do you think so many people have left recently?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
You get out of DR1 what you contribute.. When questions are asked, etc..about the Punta Cana (East Coast) many of the posters who live in the area are always willing to provide answers, suggestions, etc..and they do respond. BB for example is great at providing information about what's going on in Santo Domingo. Those who want more activity in the East Coast (Punta Cana) forum should jump in and contribute to it, get other's to join in, etc... DR1 is a wealth of information, all you have to do is ask. It is amazing sometimes just how much information member's here provide on a variety of subjects. There is a lot of knowledge/experience here amongst members.