Dash Cam Installation

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
Any suggestions where I can get a dash cam professionally installed? Front and rear camera, hard-wired to battery.

North coast or Santiago/ Moca.

Thanks.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
The sucker part goes on the windscreen. The electrical part goes in your cigar lighter socket. You really bon't need a professional to install a dash cam.

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
The sucker part goes on the windscreen. The electrical part goes in your cigar lighter socket.

Thanks. I want it hard wired to the car’s ignition and the wires hidden in the roof lining etc. It is not something I feel competent to do properly.

Jan 7, 2016
Use my GoPro Hero on an adhesive mount on the dash of my KIA here. Plugs directly into the USB. Can be removed and placed in my pocket or the glove box when parked. Mounted Dash Cams tend to disappear with regularity in the D.R.!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
If hard wired you still want a way to easily disconnect it.

Also consider one you can easily move to point at the cop extorting you. Leave some slack in the wire for that.

Randle

May 9, 2019
Use my GoPro Hero on an adhesive mount on the dash of my KIA here. Plugs directly into the USB. Can be removed and placed in my pocket or the glove box when parked. Mounted Dash Cams tend to disappear with regularity in the D.R.!

I have read about the GoPro Hero somewhere else. I was thinking of using the Thinkware f800 pro, but your comment here makes me want to have a change of heart. What do you think about the Thinkware pro, can I do the same as taking it out quickly? Here is a link to where I found the review yesterday: https://dashcamcar.com/thinkware-f800-pro/
thanks

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
This arrived today in my inbox, and I found it interesting although more for commercial use. The Hunter people do LoJack.

PxInkr.jpg

jtom343

Nov 8, 2017
Thanks. I want it hard wired to the car’s ignition and the wires hidden in the roof lining etc. It is not something I feel competent to do properly.

I've done this before for my radar detector. You're going to need a Tap to hook into your Fuse Box. Something like this: . Then you just tuck in the wire along your window/roof lining to where your camera is. I use something like one of those paint drywall knives to tuck in the wires. Should take about 10-15 minutes to do.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are two places in Santiago:
Patxot and Contin

Both are very very good.

They are easy to get to. Look up Taller Patxot or Taller Contin..google is your friend.

HB

I do so want a dash cam. Thanks for the ideas expressed here..