Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dash Cam Installation

Any suggestions where I can get a dash cam professionally installed? Front and rear camera, hard-wired to battery.

North coast or Santiago/ Moca.

Thanks.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The sucker part goes on the windscreen. The electrical part goes in your cigar lighter socket. You really bon't need a professional to install a dash cam.

3. Likes Wishing you well liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    The sucker part goes on the windscreen. The electrical part goes in your cigar lighter socket.
    Thanks. I want it hard wired to the car’s ignition and the wires hidden in the roof lining etc. It is not something I feel competent to do properly.

5. Likes jstarebel liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Use my GoPro Hero on an adhesive mount on the dash of my KIA here. Plugs directly into the USB. Can be removed and placed in my pocket or the glove box when parked. Mounted Dash Cams tend to disappear with regularity in the D.R.!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If hard wired you still want a way to easily disconnect it.

Also consider one you can easily move to point at the cop extorting you. Leave some slack in the wire for that.

8. Likes Peterj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tashi Siu's Dad View Post
    Use my GoPro Hero on an adhesive mount on the dash of my KIA here. Plugs directly into the USB. Can be removed and placed in my pocket or the glove box when parked. Mounted Dash Cams tend to disappear with regularity in the D.R.!
    I have read about the GoPro Hero somewhere else. I was thinking of using the Thinkware f800 pro, but your comment here makes me want to have a change of heart. What do you think about the Thinkware pro, can I do the same as taking it out quickly? Here is a link to where I found the review yesterday: https://dashcamcar.com/thinkware-f800-pro/
    thanks

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Any auto adorno can do it.... any radio guy.... they did mine.

It shuts off/on with the ignition

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

This arrived today in my inbox, and I found it interesting although more for commercial use. The Hunter people do LoJack.

Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Thanks. I want it hard wired to the car’s ignition and the wires hidden in the roof lining etc. It is not something I feel competent to do properly.
    I've done this before for my radar detector. You're going to need a Tap to hook into your Fuse Box. Something like this: . Then you just tuck in the wire along your window/roof lining to where your camera is. I use something like one of those paint drywall knives to tuck in the wires. Should take about 10-15 minutes to do.

Post Thanks / Like

There are two places in Santiago:
    Patxot and Contin

Both are very very good.

They are easy to get to. Look up Taller Patxot or Taller Contin..google is your friend.

HB

I do so want a dash cam. Thanks for the ideas expressed here..
    Moderator DR1.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast