Need to copy an electronic ignition car key POP area

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Any one knmow if this can be done in the POP area? Or some one who can replace the ingnition switch?

i think Apollo Motors can do the smartkey thing. just stay away from the guys who have the hand held computers, who say they can code the keys. they are as useless as teats on a bull.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
If you have a working original key, there are tutorials on Youtube on how to program the copy to your car. It involves a dance like turning on and off the ignition six times, unlocking / locking the doors several times, opening the driver door...etc

Obviously depends on make and age of car. But it works with plenty of Japanese cars.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
The nut and bolt shack in Charamicos called Casa de Tornillos also cuts keys and can clone the transponder chip in several car makes. I know he can do Toyota and Nissan. But that's just the key and the transponder key for the immobiliser. It won't do the central locking part.

JackB17

Sep 29, 2012
"Llaves Rodriguez on Avenida Colon in Puerto Plata does smart key copies"

I have used this place.
Great service and perfect results

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
The nut and bolt shack in Charamicos called Casa de Tornillos also cuts keys and can clone the transponder chip in several car makes. I know he can do Toyota and Nissan. But that's just the key and the transponder key for the immobiliser. It won't do the central locking part.

I went there yesterday to have a house key cut. He now has a whole bunch of car keys / fobs and says he can program them.