Question about elder care

Jelly

Nov 7, 2013
I have used the search function and found some older threads discussing this in various parts of the country. I’m curious if anyone has any tips for us as we seek a caregiver for my elderly mother-in-law. Yes we have lots of family in the DR but none willing or able to give the attention to her that she needs now that her dementia has advanced. She’s in GH.

Here in Canada we have people known as ‘the Newfoundland Ladies’ who will fly to your province, take care of your loved one as your own and then another lady replaces them the following month and so on. I know I’m probably dreaming to think such a thing might exist. But we’re exploring all options. She is unable to come to us. We are unable to go to her. And the local family is no longer able to do an adequate job.

Any leads would be appreciated

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Cobra Boy posted this.... an SD connection - I expect for the country
Worth a call
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot vouch for these folks, but there is a nursing agency in Santo Domingo: Angeles Amigos

I also know a doctor in the capital who also supplies docs on a per diem basis at a reasonable rate.

I don't know about the languages.

Good luck!

Jelly

Nov 7, 2013
Hi folks...I posted this back in January. Thankfully we were able to find family members that could make things work! Appreciate the feedback!!