Another Passport Question?

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Hello All! Happy New Year!

I searched the forum for my topic, but I could not find a thread exactly germane.

I am on my third U.S. passport and it expires August 18, 2023. No problem there. The problem is that even though I purchased a passport with extra pages, because I live in OKAP for ten days every month, I have only nine pages left on my passport.

I would hate to fly to the U.S. and waste precious pension money just for my next passport. I come to the U.S. once per year. The sweet spot would be to line up both events, so it would not be a hardship. But I am leaving the U.S., where I am now, in March and I don't know when I'll return.

Please, if you have direct experience, could I handle this process at the U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo?? I'm looking for a Plan B, if "push comes to shove." And could you give me their URL? Thank you!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Sit back and relax.......

First off if you don't mind spending a few pesos to let someone who knows the ins and out to take care of business you will be fine.

Old thread.......

https://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/172833-US-passport-renewal

I used Juridico Visa to take care of my problem(?) and love how they handled things. No affiliation just good service in decent English. Yes, quite a few hectic moments but that is to be expected on la isla.

http://www.juridicovisa.com/

Be forewarned, will be one, hopefully not two days of hectic traffic and your starched collard shirt gets aflamed........... LOL ... but when it is over you will say wasn't that bad........... just the way it be

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
bigbird, nice to see that you are still kickin'(it)! I checked out their website. I distrust third parties, but I will keep them in mind depending on my result when I pursue this question directly with the embassy in the D.R. Sweat under the starched collar? They're history!

HarpB

Aug 31, 2012
Hi

You can go to Embassy Consular service and get a new passport. The discontinued adding pages a few years back. It takes less than 3 weeks. Govt shutdown may effect the timing. You need to bring the form photos and fee. I also had to pay a courier fee $11 usd. It was delivered to my house 2 weeks later. Ask for the return of your old passport with the holes because it is still a valid form of ID. I did mine in Puerto Plata. I als paid extra for 44 pages