Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Importing a car

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    Save yourself the hassle of importing it. You can pick up a Hemi powered Challenger just about anywhere here. My neighbors lasted 3 months before it met a speed bump with large quantities of alcohol involved. Reminded me of a scene from Vanishing Point.
    The new breed of Challengers just can't get airborn like the originals without crumbling.
    I have seen a Hellcat here. The Dodge dealer in STQ will import one if he doesn't have one in stock.
    Also Cherokee SRT's. There's more than a few muscle cars in SD, but most of them come out at night.

I'm not sure if they still do it, but they used to have meetings in the Galeria 360 basement parking lot every Saturday night.

Youtube has dozens of some very professional looking videos of some of those meetings.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    Save yourself the hassle of importing it. You can pick up a Hemi powered Challenger just about anywhere here. My neighbors lasted 3 months before it met a speed bump with large quantities of alcohol involved. Reminded me of a scene from Vanishing Point.
    The new breed of Challengers just can't get airborn like the originals without crumbling.
    I have seen a Hellcat here. The Dodge dealer in STQ will import one if he doesn't have one in stock.
    There's 12 Challengers just on supercarros:

https://www.supercarros.com/carros/c...ge/Challenger/

and 8 Chargers too:

https://www.supercarros.com/buscar/?...75&YearTo=2019

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a 2014 SRT Jeep that one of the kids said it needed to go faster. So I put a blower and long tube headers on it and on the dyno we got it to 650hp. I really should have imported here. I would have got a lot more for than I did back in Canada.

It was one fast jeep and the locals would have financed their children to get it.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcollado423 View Post
    Hello everyone, im new to this forum and would like to know if its possible to import a v8 mucle car to dominican republic?
    Yes, as has been said above, if it is under 5 years of age........as identified on the title.........not the door plate.

Ive heard that you cant because the engine is too big, but how do famous people do it then?
    Large engine displacement does NOT disqualify entry...........it does however put you in a higher tax classification.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

5. Likes jcollado423 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12