Day Parking Near Santo Domingo

RockyM

Jul 16, 2018
We will need to drive into Santo Domingo from the Northeast, Samana, via the toll road. I really really do not want to drive within Santo Domingo. My idea is to park the car somewhere outside the city and take a cab or Uber into the city. Any suggestions as to a safe parking area? Somewhere to park for most of the day. I was thinking the airport, or I believe there is a large Costco type store not far from the toll road, West of the airport I think.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
We will need to drive into Santo Domingo from the Northeast, Samana, via the toll road. I really really do not want to drive within Santo Domingo. My idea is to park the car somewhere outside the city and take a cab or Uber into the city. Any suggestions as to a safe parking area? Somewhere to park for most of the day. I was thinking the airport, or I believe there is a large Costco type store not far from the toll road, West of the airport I think.

Boca Chica is close enough....Sorry Boca Chica is a bit east.

RockyM

Jul 16, 2018
There's a Bravo on Las Américas Marginal km 10.5 and an Olé on km 10.

Good one. That may be safe. Thinking in terms of safety for the car as it will be parked most of the day.

My initial thought was the airport, but I really don't know what the longer term parking situation is like there, or what security is like.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Not sure where you need to go in SD centro but another option is park at MegaCentro and take Metro into town.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
What I have done before, but coming down from the north coast, is drive into a petrol station ( texaco, etc.....), and then ask the security guard to keep a loose eye on my car ( and if its ok to leave it parked there----of course ). And then continue my journey with public transportation.
At the end of the day, i give a couple hundred pesos to the security guard.

RockyM

Jul 16, 2018
Another good one. We are headed to DR end of April and will probably need to visit SD. I know my wife wants to visit the PriceSmart close by, so that's another possibility.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have used that one.... big parking

Or turn right after the toll road and continue to the first hotel on the right
before the Las Americas hwy