Does anyone know of any cabanas in Puerto plata?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Most, if not all of the Cabanas are a short distance out of PP going towards Navarette. There are many, but I have no idea of pricing.

ishwri

Jul 7, 2011
Most, if not all of the Cabanas are a short distance out of PP going towards Navarette. There are many, but I have no idea of pricing.

ok, thanks. is it possible to use uber in puerto plata?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Is your Plane landing at like 2 am or something ?
(ie, too early to check into the Hotel you booked )

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
just outside PP and still before cofresi there are at least 3 cabanas: la roka, la sensacion and isla paraiso (i think). leaving PP two are on the right hand side and one on the left. no idea about prices. uber is present in the area but availability of cars is another thing.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Most have the prices for 3 hours and what type of room written outside on the wall, Avg RD400 ($8) for basic room. The Isla Paraiso (sp?) is the only cabana on the left as you are leaving POP that I prefer. It's about a mile after the University and Zona Franca. If both of you can't speak Spanish, you can tell the operator there in english when the phone rings for how long, and any drinks you may want. You will receive a bill in a spinning door and you will need to pay 1st before you know what.....lol
Getting there depends where you are coming from. If you are in the city or just outside it, then I would go to main carrito station and offer an empty car rd200 and tell him to take you two inside the cabana you choose. After you are finished, you can take a carrito along the highway which is right outside the gate heading into POP, or arrange with the driver his contact info and he maybe able to pick you two up.
If your going to a cabana with a local, making any arrangements should not be a problem, it really depends on where you are coming from.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I love it ---- public transport to the cabana.....PERFECT!!

Like the end of The Graduate... they ride away on a bus

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
The Caritos love the extra income Willy. I use them all the time for errands or to take me somewhere off their Route. Cheap and easy and many in Sosua have newer cars now which means I am comfortable in the front seat. All for a few hundred Pesos.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The Caritos love the extra income Willy. I use them all the time for errands or to take me somewhere off their Route. Cheap and easy and many in Sosua have newer cars now which means I am comfortable in the front seat. All for a few hundred Pesos.

As a matter of fact.....just recently

I needed to get my 'planta' radiator from Cabrera to Nagua for reconditioning.

Leaving Cabrera, I saw a guagua behind me...
he delivered the radiator in less than an hour.... 100 pesos

I went on my merry way...

I get the deal ....but thank you for the well intended advice/tip

hahaha