Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any FJ Cruiser Drivers ?

Hi guys.

Was wondering if any of you FJ Cruiser Drivers know specific shops which sell gadgets and parts specially for the FJ.

I know the internet, but I like to see, touch and feel stuff first before I buy.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by webmacon View Post
    Hi guys.

Was wondering if any of you FJ Cruiser Drivers know specific shops which sell gadgets and parts specially for the FJ.

I know the internet, but I like to see, touch and feel stuff first before I buy.
    Always liked them, but never drove one. How do you like it?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Almost bought one last month and test drove it for two days. Great car, diesel, excellent suspension, good clearance. Talked myself out of it though, because of gas mileage and high mileage on the odometer. Bought a 4WD, diesel Hyundai Sante Fe instead, much lower miles. Very happy w/it so far. Not as rugged as the FJ though.

4. Likes DR1Admin liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tflea View Post
    Almost bought one last month and test drove it for two days. Great car, diesel, excellent suspension, good clearance. Talked myself out of it though, because of gas mileage and high mileage on the odometer. Bought a 4WD, diesel Hyundai Sante Fe instead, much lower miles. Very happy w/it so far. Not as rugged as the FJ though.
    I didn't know there was a diesel FJ Cruiser? Now that would be an excellent vehicle. Toyota diesel engines are bulletproof.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i cannot answer the question but FJ cruiser is a great looking car, always loved it! how does it drive? are you happy with it? comfy ride?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear the visibility is poor.
    And it’s difficult to enter the rear through a half door

Rumors only

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

as tflea and i discussed, a 2008 will run you close to a million pesos. you cannot get full insurance coverage for that year. i know that if i had a million pesos to spend on a car, i would not want to know that when some uninsured idiot in a truck cleans my clock, i have to eat that kind of a loss.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    I didn't know there was a diesel FJ Cruiser? Now that would be an excellent vehicle. Toyota diesel engines are bulletproof.
    Toyota was using a Cummins diesel for the FJ.........and they are quite well known and respected.

The diesel version was not sold/produced in the US. Any that are in the DR were likely from Brazil.

Terrible sight lines and poor gas mileage ultimately helped kill the FJ.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Excellent

I first wanted to sell it to get the same but a new model, then decided to put some money in extras and keep it. Best decision ever ....

Used to be black with white roof and all stock, now complete black with all new lights and wider tires.

Best car I ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Always liked them, but never drove one. How do you like it?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a problem with that, easier driving than the pickup I had.

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    I hear the visibility is poor.
    And it’s difficult to enter the rear through a half door

Rumors only

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast