Any FJ Cruiser Drivers ?

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Hi guys.

Was wondering if any of you FJ Cruiser Drivers know specific shops which sell gadgets and parts specially for the FJ.

I know the internet, but I like to see, touch and feel stuff first before I buy.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Hi guys.

Was wondering if any of you FJ Cruiser Drivers know specific shops which sell gadgets and parts specially for the FJ.

I know the internet, but I like to see, touch and feel stuff first before I buy.

Always liked them, but never drove one. How do you like it?

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Almost bought one last month and test drove it for two days. Great car, diesel, excellent suspension, good clearance. Talked myself out of it though, because of gas mileage and high mileage on the odometer. Bought a 4WD, diesel Hyundai Sante Fe instead, much lower miles. Very happy w/it so far. Not as rugged as the FJ though.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Almost bought one last month and test drove it for two days. Great car, diesel, excellent suspension, good clearance. Talked myself out of it though, because of gas mileage and high mileage on the odometer. Bought a 4WD, diesel Hyundai Sante Fe instead, much lower miles. Very happy w/it so far. Not as rugged as the FJ though.

I didn't know there was a diesel FJ Cruiser? Now that would be an excellent vehicle. Toyota diesel engines are bulletproof.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i cannot answer the question but FJ cruiser is a great looking car, always loved it! how does it drive? are you happy with it? comfy ride?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
as tflea and i discussed, a 2008 will run you close to a million pesos. you cannot get full insurance coverage for that year. i know that if i had a million pesos to spend on a car, i would not want to know that when some uninsured idiot in a truck cleans my clock, i have to eat that kind of a loss.

Jan 9, 2004
I didn't know there was a diesel FJ Cruiser? Now that would be an excellent vehicle. Toyota diesel engines are bulletproof.

Toyota was using a Cummins diesel for the FJ.........and they are quite well known and respected.

The diesel version was not sold/produced in the US. Any that are in the DR were likely from Brazil.

Terrible sight lines and poor gas mileage ultimately helped kill the FJ.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Excellent

I first wanted to sell it to get the same but a new model, then decided to put some money in extras and keep it. Best decision ever ....

Used to be black with white roof and all stock, now complete black with all new lights and wider tires.

Best car I ever owned.

Always liked them, but never drove one. How do you like it?

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Try to put a photo here, let's see how it works.
Before ...
FJbefore.jpg

After....
FJCruiserNEW1.jpg

FJCruiserPlayaRincon.jpg